Next seasons Tactics - a move to 4231

Charlesfarsbar

Just been thinking with the Gundogan moving on and the news that are probably only looking at one midfielder coming in the summer

Also, with three of our wingers being out of contract next year , I think we may see a switch to 4231

De Bruyne would be perfect in a double pivot role as he gets older , it will require him to do less running if he’s dictating the play from deep

we have three world class number 10’s in Grealish, Foden and Bernardo who could all play behind Haaland

plus looking at the way we played on Sunday was definately a 4231 in the first half with the fullbacks providing the width and grealish and Mahrez playing more inside - this needs work as we didn’t seem comfortable able with it

if 4231 is possible we definitely need an attacking left back that doesn’t cut inside like Cancelo

what do people think ?

Just been thinking with the Gundogan moving on and the news that are probably only looking at one midfielder coming in the summer

Also, with three of our wingers being out of contract next year , I think we may see a switch to 4231

De Bruyne would be perfect in a double pivot role as he gets older , it will require him to do less running if he’s dictating the play from deep

we have three world class number 10’s in Grealish, Foden and Bernardo who could all play behind Haaland

plus looking at the way we played on Sunday was definately a 4231 in the first half with the fullbacks providing the width and grealish and Mahrez playing more inside - this needs work as we didn’t seem comfortable able with it

if 4231 is possible we definitely need an attacking left back that doesn’t cut inside like Cancelo

what do people think ?
It’s been suggested that if we sign de Jong he would play in a hybrid formation, sharing pivot responsibilities with Rodri but usually playing a bit further forward. With Pep in charge it’s unwise to get too fixated about rigid formations

I think we have been moving into something like that formation increasingly towards the end of this season.

If we were to play like that more often it would worry me for Cancelo.

Sadly, I'm from an era when full backs did just that and center half were like Dave Ewing,so my tactical awareness is probably a bit behind the time ,but I'd be certain Pep will be thinking about countering the parked bus that sometimes frustrates us.

It’s been suggested that if we sign de Jong he would play in a hybrid formation, sharing pivot responsibilities with Rodri but usually playing a bit further forward. With Pep in charge it’s unwise to get too fixated about rigid formations
Yes, i guess putting a label on it is always tricky when Pep is involved

I think wingers inside, full backs wide and a central two may be something we see more often as it suits a number of our players

May go with a diamond formation midfield.

Rodri
Bernardo De jong
De Bruyne

Then 2 up top - haaland plus one other.

Or we may not sign de Jong and no change to formation.

Pep has been starting with 4231 for at least a month now. Bernardo sits deeper alongside Rodri and Kev for advanced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.