NFL Playoffs 2017

On paper this is the best SB in many years and should be a shoot out between the two best teams. What will probably happen is BB and Patricia will figure out how to stop Atalanta and hold them to less that 20 points.

On paper this is the best SB in many years and should be a shoot out between the two best teams. What will probably happen is BB and Patricia will figure out how to stop Atalanta and hold them to less that 20 points.

I think you're probably right Jay, but I will say this - yesterday Atlanta played as good a game of football as I've seen this season. If they dont wilt under the pressure and 'show up' to the SB, the Pats might not be able to live with them.

(thats what I'm hoping anyway ;)

I find the Patriot hate on here funny, reminds me of something.

Atlanta have a great offense, what an athlete Julio Jones is, very exciting. The thing with the Pats is they have a lot of different ways to win, they not only scout the opposition really well, they scout themselves better than most other teams do as well, thus they not only know how they are going to be played against but how teams are best suited to try and beat them, this is why they so often find a way to win. The best defense often wins the superbowl and the Pats have the league's best defense in terms of average points conceded. Belichick really is a genius, gets the most out of his players and often finds uses for other teams discards, not many (if any) leave the Pats and go on to be better for their new team, as long as he is around the Pats are going to be a good team thats in contention, so much more important to the Pats than Brady ever will be. Win or lose a week on Sunday, Belichick is the best coach the game has seen in my watching lifetime (which is since we lost SBXX in 85) and arguably ever.

I find the Patriot hate on here funny, reminds me of something.

Atlanta have a great offense, what an athlete Julio Jones is, very exciting. The thing with the Pats is they have a lot of different ways to win, they not only scout the opposition really well, they scout themselves better than most other teams do as well, thus they not only know how they are going to be played against but how teams are best suited to try and beat them, this is why they so often find a way to win. The best defense often wins the superbowl and the Pats have the league's best defense in terms of average points conceded. Belichick really is a genius, gets the most out of his players and often finds uses for other teams discards, not many (if any) leave the Pats and go on to be better for their new team, as long as he is around the Pats are going to be a good team thats in contention, so much more important to the Pats than Brady ever will be. Win or lose a week on Sunday, Belichick is the best coach the game has seen in my watching lifetime (which is since we lost SBXX in 85) and arguably ever.
You wanna talk about ways to beat a team?

Double Julio and Sanu's man to man, pay attention to him then Gabriel's free. Try and take away the passing game altogether, there's Freeman and Coleman. Try and take away the run and the same two are one on one with the LBs.

The cliché of Belichick taking away what a team does best, as Brian Billick said today "what were the rest of us doing? Covering the decoys?" will arguably be tested the most in this game. There's threat at every level of the offence; Gabriel can blow the top off, Julio and Sanu over the middle, and the duo at RB coming out of the back field, added that we have a legitimate run game to compliment.

When Le'veon Bell goes down, your task becomes a lot easier; Antonio Brown alone. Hence why Butler had constant safety help in coverage.

Here's a list of QBs and offences that defence has faced this season, adding Brock Osweiler and a Le'veon Bell-less Steelers to it;

C2Y-LaxUcAA0LuF.jpg

Can our defence stop the Pats offence? No, most likely not. Can they limit them and the big plays? Yes, just look at last night. I think it'll be the shootout the GB was meant to be but I won't accept any Patriot fan feeling disregarded as a team when the team with less money on them to make the Superbowl this year than the Browns?!! Is who they're playing lol

You should listen to the Rich Eisen show podcast from today, it's actually life now. He has some very fair points to make to Pats fans.

Last edited:
You wanna talk about ways to beat a team?

Double Julio and Sanu's man to man, pay attention to him then Gabriel's free. Try and take away the passing game altogether, there's Freeman and Coleman. Try and take away the run and the same two are one on one with the LBs.

The cliché of Belichick taking away what a team does best, as Brian Billick said today "what were the rest of us doing? Covering the decoys?" will arguably be tested the most in this game. There's threat at every level of the offence; Gabriel can blow the top off, Julio and Sanu over the middle, and the duo at RB coming out of the back field, added that we have a legitimate run game to compliment.

When Le'veon Bell goes down, your task becomes a lot easier; Antonio Brown alone. Hence why Butler had constant safety help in coverage.

Here's a list of QBs and offences that defence has faced this season, adding Brock Osweiler and a Le'veon Bell-less Steelers to it;

C2Y-LaxUcAA0LuF.jpg

Can our defence stop the Pats offence? No, most likely not. Can they limit them and the big plays? Yes, just look at last night. I think it'll be the shootout the GB was meant to be but I won't accept any Patriot fan feeling disregarded as a team when the team with less money on them to make the Superbowl this year than the Browns?!! Is who they're playing lol

I like your confidence, fact is you wont get it all your own way like you did last night for half the game, the Pats are too good, with too many different weapons to be shut out for 2 quarters like the packers were and the defense is better as well. It should be a classic SB, I hope it is.

Belichick taking away what teams do is a cliche, but you know the thing about cliches is they are usually true, the man wont be judged on the upcoming SB, his place in history is assured win or lose. He is the best of recent times, his record is there to be admired and respected even if you dont like him for whatever reason, the coaching job he has done down the years on the likes of Aquib Talib, Rodney Harrison, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Corey Dillon, LeGarrete Blount (twice) etc etc cant be faulted or denied. The 49ers want Garoppolo, if they trade then Belichick will probably take draft picks and/or some no mark and turn him into a vital piece of the machine, I heard someone say sitting down to trade with Belichick is like a gazelle sitting down for a fair deal with a lion, only you dont know at the time you are the gazelle because you think you are getting one of his best players, but that player isnt the same out of New England. The man is a genius, only someone bitter or with an agenda would think otherwise. Dismiss him and put him down at your peril with excuses or accusations that anyone could do what he has done, if it is so easy why doesnt everyone do it? There are all sorts of shit thrown at him, some of it with some foundation but a lot of what is spoken is just bollocks, like the Pats have the easiest division or they have the most money or they are the most arrogant, none of which is true. They push the boundaries of sportsmanship (or cheating for the lilly livered), they are a little too ruthless for comfort, they arent that nice with it all has some foundation, but they are winners, and a hard nose, hard edge that comes straight from the man at the top is main reason why.

I'm not feeling disregarded, dont know where you have got that from, the Pats get the acknowledgement they deserve and the Falcons this season is a great story, I have respect for the job they have done, like I said I really like Jones, think he's a great WR. I've been a Pats fan from before the Kraft takeover, when they were shite and could barely muster a winning season after 85, the 1-15 season lives in the memory, when everyone didnt really mind us because we were no real threat, now everyone hates the Pats/Belichick/Brady, I find it funny, and very familiar is what I was saying, rather than saying we are disregarded in any way.

Bring it on... now will someone let some air out of those balls please.

I like your confidence, fact is you wont get it all your own way like you did last night for half the game, the Pats are too good, with too many different weapons to be shut out for 2 quarters like the packers were and the defense is better as well. It should be a classic SB, I hope it is.

Belichick taking away what teams do is a cliche, but you know the thing about cliches is they are usually true, the man wont be judged on the upcoming SB, his place in history is assured win or lose. He is the best of recent times, his record is there to be admired and respected even if you dont like him for whatever reason, the coaching job he has done down the years on the likes of Aquib Talib, Rodney Harrison, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Corey Dillon, LeGarrete Blount (twice) etc etc cant be faulted or denied. The 49ers want Garoppolo, if they trade then Belichick will probably take draft picks and/or some no mark and turn him into a vital piece of the machine, I heard someone say sitting down to trade with Belichick is like a gazelle sitting down for a fair deal with a lion, only you dont know at the time you are the gazelle because you think you are getting one of his best players, but that player isnt the same out of New England. The man is a genius, only someone bitter or with an agenda would think otherwise. Dismiss him and put him down at your peril with excuses or accusations that anyone could do what he has done, if it is so easy why doesnt everyone do it? There are all sorts of shit thrown at him, some of it with some foundation but a lot of what is spoken is just bollocks, like the Pats have the easiest division or they have the most money or they are the most arrogant, none of which is true. They push the boundaries of sportsmanship (or cheating for the lilly livered), they are a little too ruthless for comfort, they arent that nice with it all has some foundation, but they are winners, and a hard nose, hard edge that comes straight from the man at the top is main reason why.

I'm not feeling disregarded, dont know where you have got that from, the Pats get the acknowledgement they deserve and the Falcons this season is a great story, I have respect for the job they have done, like I said I really like Jones, think he's a great WR. I've been a Pats fan from before the Kraft takeover, when they were shite and could barely muster a winning season after 85, the 1-15 season lives in the memory, when everyone didnt really mind us because we were no real threat, now everyone hates the Pats/Belichick/Brady, I find it funny, and very familiar is what I was saying, rather than saying we are disregarded in any way.

Bring it on... now will someone let some air out of those balls please.
Any year Belichick doesn't win coach of the year is stupid, everyone knows that.

Success breeds contempt but the Pats bring a portion of it on themselves.

"Where's Rodger?" Probably still destroying the spygate tapes... but he's got it out for the Pats and they won't shut up about it. The little things from Bill, like saying he didn't know who won the other game, of course he did but it's brushed off as ol' Bill when in reality he's just being a dick a la Mourinho.

I've heard it all before with the Falcons, for years let alone this season when we were to be proping up the South, beaten by Seattle and strangled by the LOB or picked apart by Aaron Rodgers and we're to be underdogs and overlooked again in the Superbowl, suits us fine. Yesterday was normal for this team, it wasn't a shock. Ryan threw 6 times in the second half, if the foot stays on the pedal 40+ is in the rear view mirror.

I look forward to a great Superbowl but undoubtedly we are viewed as a mere speed bump on the road to "Brady's revenge". GMFB has a good analogy for the Falcons; we're the girl you meet at Uni and keep bigging up to your friends back home who don't believe she exists.

Any year Belichick doesn't win coach of the year is stupid, everyone knows that.

Success breeds contempt but the Pats bring a portion of it on themselves.

"Where's Rodger?" Probably still destroying the spygate tapes... but he's got it out for the Pats and they won't shut up about it. The little things from Bill, like saying he didn't know who won the other game, of course he did but it's brushed off as ol' Bill when in reality he's just being a dick a la Mourinho.

I've heard it all before with the Falcons, for years let alone this season when we were to be proping up the South, beaten by Seattle and strangled by the LOB or picked apart by Aaron Rodgers and we're to be underdogs and overlooked again in the Superbowl, suits us fine. Yesterday was normal for this team, it wasn't a shock. Ryan threw 6 times in the second half, if the foot stays on the pedal 40+ is in the rear view mirror.

I look forward to a great Superbowl but undoubtedly we are viewed as a mere speed bump on the road to "Brady's revenge". GMFB has a good analogy for the Falcons; we're the girl you meet at Uni and keep bigging up to your friends back home who don't believe she exists.

Totally agree some of the contempt is self inflicted, I said as much in my last post, but you know what, I wouldnt mind City adopting some of that hard edge and nastiness that the Pats exude (maybe without the cheating bit) especially if it gets rid of our soft underbelly we seem to have, us having more of the ball/more chances than everyone else, do you think the Pats would get beaten having more yards or more red zone possession? Fuck everyone liking us, City fans are a bit too hung up on that (maybe because we were ignored as a threat and quite liked pre2008) lets be hated/feared and win. Snooker player Ray Reardon once said I dont care if i'm not as popular as the other players, I want to win and if you pot enough balls they soon clap you.

A lot on here have said the Pats are the rags of the NFL, simply not true, they were never part of the establishment like the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, 49ers were (Arsenal Spurs Rags and Scousers). The Pats were largely patted on the head as they were plucky losers for so long, before Kraft took them over. The fact Belichick is a wind up merchant (a bit like Mourinho I suppose as you said) and they are quite ruthless and efficient, I would say the Pats are more like Chelsea than any other football team these days.

Brady will no doubt be up for it. Any other team I would say your under the radar/underdog/speed bump thing might have some merit, just dont think GOAT Belichick will fall into that trap, he'll be pouring over the tapes to find ways to stop you.

Should be good regardless, I'd wish you luck, but you can fuck off you nonce ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.