N'Golo Kante

The transfer market is about to go a little crazy. We need to keep our heads down and not get distracted by shiny things on offer. Now back to the Messi thread.

Not sure how he's been when coming back from injuries, but it's worrying that Sarri and Lampard have both chosen inferior players in front of him - suggests he's not been able to recover. But i've said many times, i think Kante is the missing piece in the puzzle. It's wrong to suggest he can't break lines and only understands the defensive aspect, and that's the reason that Sarri moved him to his version of an 8 when he put Jorginho in the 6 (and he scored in two games against us IIRC, from that position). It would all depend on how his fitness is, maybe his legs are gone.

Never going to be an option for us as he isn’t progressive enough on the ball for Pep and that’s seemingly his priority. In the absence of a prime Fernandinho though I’d personally prefer him to a Rodri. Peps turned Kyle Walker who was just a pace merchant into a cultured footballer, he can do it with anybody but even if he couldn’t, Kante would stop so many counter attacks and in possession we could carry a player like him, particularly when you’ve got Laporte behind you spraying the passes

Not been impressed by him in recent times. One game, he was being run past by players you would expect him to crush.

Unless he was unfit, he's on the way down.
He had been played out of position for last 2 season. He is a proper DMF but is used in forward postions so is not up to the mark. As a DMF I doubt there are better DMF than him today.

Hes not good enough, been on a downward slope for a few years. Sarri tried to bin him and Lampard wants rid. Technically he is miles away from what would be needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.