NHL

When i was a kid i had a big NHL Phase.
Got interested due to the classic NHLPA hockey game on the Mega Drive.
Chicago was my team.. They had Roenick, Chelios, Larmer...

However it only last a couple of years.

I went to a few Manchester Storm games. They had an attendance of nearly 18,000 for one game and still ended up going bust!!!

i would be following it if they were playing!

started watching it in the 08/09 play offs (i think) when it was red wings vs pittburgh and i chose to support the underdogs (pittsburgh)

they lost but won the stanley cup against the same team the following year and now they're my team!

what a glory hunter i am!

Have a big interest in the sport but I find it hard to follow (due to NHL game times)
I'd say "my team" was New York Rangers. Lived over there for a year as a kid... adopted the same policy of picking a team I felt a connection to.

Watched quite a number of Manchester Storm games as a kid aswell, loved it... Manchester Phoenix are based at Altrincham ice rink but I haven't been yet.

Would be cool if a team was based at Sportcity, with sky blue colours :D

Was interested in it years ago, St. Louis Blues was the team i liked because of Brett Hull.

Barcon said:
It's a fucking joke the way they think they can treat the fans like this. I for one won't be giving them anymore of my time or money, they can go fuck themselves. P.S, Maple leafs are the team to follow if you want to endure years upon years of misery. And I know you do ;)
P.S, I like the Colorada Avalanche better when they were called the Quebec Nordiques. The M.K Dons of hockey.

Haha MK Dons of hockey, I only found out about this a few weeks ago. What happens when teams decide to move places? I would have thought that they would lose all their fans given the size of America and Canada, must be some long travelling involved.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm --<br /><br />
ChesterRdBlue said:
I've just started to to get into Bill Burr and his podcasts, I've been catching up from the beginning of last year. He talks about sports quite a lot and NHL, he's a Bruins fan and it's sort of got my interest to see what it's all about and try and watch a game in the Internet. Not done so yet though.

Have you got a link for these? Would be interesting to see what their take is on NHL

San José Sharks for me. Been a couple of times.

To be fair, no matter how much people moan about the state of modern football, nothing like what's going on in the NHL at the moment will ever happen. The sheer disregard for the fans annoys me.

It looks like this season's going to be a write off like 04/05. :/

I watch the Extraliga here in the Czech republic - meaning I go to the games

My local team Kladno are in 4th place

Plzen are currently the leaders

Co-incidentally Plzen are also currently leading the football Gambrinus liga too

Niall2407 said:
Barcon said:
It's a fucking joke the way they think they can treat the fans like this. I for one won't be giving them anymore of my time or money, they can go fuck themselves. P.S, Maple leafs are the team to follow if you want to endure years upon years of misery. And I know you do ;)
P.S, I like the Colorada Avalanche better when they were called the Quebec Nordiques. The M.K Dons of hockey.

Haha MK Dons of hockey, I only found out about this a few weeks ago. What happens when teams decide to move places? I would have thought that they would lose all their fans given the size of America and Canada, must be some long travelling involved.

-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm --

Sure they lose all their fans, nobody travels to watch hockey anyway. There's always away fane in the stands, but they're usually locals that just happen to support another team for some reason or another. These teams up sticks whenever they see a more lucrative market, it's a complete joke. Eg: Minnesota north stars fucked off to Dallas Texas. Can you imagine? Ice hockey in fucking Texas. Seven years later, Minnesota got a team back. It's all about t.v revenue over here, fuck the fans. Toronto could easily house another NHL team but they won't get one because Detroit and Buffalow are too close (Detroits a 5 hour drive from here), and already have a t.v audience. ie: it doesn't benefit the league to put another team in the viewing area. The biggest joke re: the NHL is the fact that there is no relegation/promotion involved, which means teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs (the most popular team in the NHL) can keep on plodding along, putting no effort into trying to win a cup because they sell out every single game since as long as I can remember, despite not winning the cup since 1967. Despite that, they still manage to be able to charge more for tickets than anybody else in the league for tickets and beer. Cunts.

Utah hockey club are off to a string start!

I've booked NY rangers v Vegas Golden Knights in Feb, I can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.