Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
This has nothing to do with the app or government, it's because the API or something that runs behind the scenes isn't compatible with older Android operating systems, it's Googles/Samsungs fault.

The interesting thing for me is how it will affect battery because it is continually pinging Bluetooth.
The Government are promoting it even though thirty per cent of the alerts will be false positives and it only works for the newest phones. The man who designed the App is quoted in the Times today saying it's a "world class" system. We have heard this phrase before. This is just another bloody shambles and I think it will finish off Hancock's career. He is a total fool.

Big brother already knows enough without tracking and tracing my every step. Sorry, I'm out.

I voted no.

I rarely use public transport at the best of times and will happily provide my details to any bar or restaurant I go to, but I draw the line at being tracked if I go for a walk or drive to the shops. if its got Serco/Hancock/Harding/Cummings at the centre of it then I want no part of it.

I completely get the points made about social media etc tracking people, but I rarely use them and since I stopped using them I don't miss them at all.

What specific model do you have?

Android 6 came out in late 2015 so you assume it would reach a Samsung phone sometime in 2016.

I'll be interested to hear what model you have but I suspect that you should lay as much blame with Samsung for lack of Android updates.
I understand that my phone is too old. But many millions of people will have phones more than two years old and according to the Government itself one in three of the alerts will be false. So 30 per cent of people will be asked to self isolate when they don't need to. This is just stupidity.

This has nothing to do with the app or government, it's because the API or something that runs behind the scenes isn't compatible with older Android operating systems, it's Googles/Samsungs fault.

The interesting thing for me is how it will affect battery because it is continually pinging Bluetooth.
Tbh I have had it on all day. It did use more juice but not too much.

Big brother already knows enough without tracking and tracing my every step. Sorry, I'm out.
You have to have a phone with the App installed.

You have a phone.

QED you are being tracked, with or without the App.

I'm not sure of the issue, it's the same (or less) amount of info being sent as per your SIM.

Already had it so I don't think I will.
It mutates (as with any virus), you can get it again, with a different strain.

It is like the flu in that one regard, and why there is a new flu shot per year, because of mutations.

So, getting it is still good, becuase it will inform you where you might have come into contact with it, and if you were with someone who doesn't have the App, you can tell that person manually.

Every little helps.

You have to have a phone with the App installed.

You have a phone.

QED you are being tracked, with or without the App.

I'm not sure of the issue, it's the same (or less) amount of info being sent as per your SIM.
I'm not installing it.

I rather eat a dozen Tracker bars and let poo surgeon Gillian McKeith track my shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.