Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
Although I have the app and have been using it I do worry about how accurate it is going to be. To give an example, last Sunday myself and the wife went out for some breakfast at a cafe. I used the QR code to check in there but because we had our dog with us we were put in a separate annex to the main cafe bit. With the exception of the waitress, not a single other person came in there during the time we were present. Now the thing is, the rest of the cafe was really busy so if someone else in there at that time was subsequently tested as positive would I then be told to sef-isolate despite the fact I was basically in a separate room? (It hasn't happened by the way it was just something I wondered at the time!)

Yes you would
Aye, the waitress could have brought more than your drinks to you!

That’s not an app issue that is a public compliance issue - we can’t moan that we don’t have an effective Track and Trace system if as a pubic we don’t take part

Not knocking the idea.

But it was always a no go and no surprise when it's 'breaking news' that there's problems with the app

Twice it’s said I’ve come into contact with someone. Clicked on the notification and fuck all happens.

Twice it’s said I’ve come into contact with someone. Clicked on the notification and fuck all happens.

I think that is a bug. I’ve had it once and my colleague a couple of times - I imagine if it was genuine then you would click on the notification and you would get more information and advice

I think that is a bug. I’ve had it once and my colleague a couple of times - I imagine if it was genuine then you would click on the notification and you would get more information and advice
It’s the algorithm in the background, it tells you you’ve been in an area someone else has been that’s tested positive. It then calculates where, when and how long. If it thinks you genuinely were close by then it starts a countdown to when you need to begin self isolation, and the message is clear.

You coukd drive through town now and you’d probably get a notification later or tomorrow to tell you you were in the area of someone positive. But it won’t start a countdown becuse you were probably there for 5s and not close to the person/persons positive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.