Niall Quinn- 1st player to be sent off in the Premiership?

kippaxwarrior

Team supported
City of course!!
Talking to a rag in work about the start of the Premiership and about our 1st ever game Vs Q.P.R
He is adamant that Quinn was sent off that game(and becoming the 1st player sent off) and so was Mickey Adams
Now i was at that match and really dont remember Quinn being sent off
Anyone Confirm this?

MATCITY said:
Was only 6 at the time but i just googled it and it says both plyers were sent off but not who was first

There were two players red carded on 15 August 1992, Mick Adams of Queens Park Rangers and Niall Quinn of Manchester City. Prior games did not see any players sent off in the inaugural season of the Premier League

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_was_the_first_player_to_be_sent_off_in_the_FA_premier_league

Now my memory isn't what it used to be but I just don't remember this at all. Also, we didn't play QPR on 15th August 1992 - we played them 2 days later on the Monday night (it was Sky's first ever televised Monday night PL game).

I have a vague recollection (but could be wrong) of Quinn being sent off away at 'Boro a couple of days after the QPR match in a game that saw Paul Lake stretchered off early on following his long-awaited comeback.

MATCITY said:
Was only 6 at the time but i just googled it and it says both plyers were sent off but not who was first

There were two players red carded on 15 August 1992, Mick Adams of Queens Park Rangers and Niall Quinn of Manchester City. Prior games did not see any players sent off in the inaugural season of the Premier League

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_was_the_first_player_to_be_sent_off_in_the_FA_premier_league

That info is wrong, City didn't play on 15th August as our match v QPR was on Monday night 17th. Quinn was sent off in the next match at Middlesbrough (19th Aug) where Lakey did his cruciate for the 2nd time.

all i remember about that game, i was 11, is andy sinton scoring for qpr and the match going off air half way through for a bit

M18CTID said:
MATCITY said:

Now my memory isn't what it used to be but I just don't remember this at all. Also, we didn't play QPR on 15th August 1992 - we played them 2 days later on the Monday night (it was Sky's first ever televised Monday night PL game).

I have a vague recollection (but could be wrong) of Quinn being sent off away at 'Boro a couple of days after the QPR match in a game that saw Paul Lake stretchered off early on following his long-awaited comeback.

This.

I seem to remember being on the kippax for this too. Am i right in thinking because it was the first Monday night match there were fireworks and someone playing (miming) Baker st on the pitch?????

Sterling Silva said:
I seem to remember being on the kippax for this too. Am i right in thinking because it was the first Monday night match there were fireworks and someone playing (miming) Baker st on the pitch?????
Parachutists too if my mind isn't playing ticks on me. Definitely fireworks and cheerleaders.

Sterling Silva said:

Yes, Undercover was the name of the band and they played a mimed version of Baker Street at half-time. I don't think they would've been in a rush to come back to Maine Road after the, ahem, stick they received from plenty of us on the Kippax.

Several weeks later I was at Highbury for a Monday night game against Arsenal where The Shamen received a similar amount of stick from the Gooners for miming to Ebeneezer Goode at half-time ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.