Niall Quinn commentating on City

An idol of mine from a team of idols including White.
Any criticism I've ever heard him say I've heard the same from our own fans, so I don't know what the problem is. If anything it points to Quinn being a fan who gets frustrated like the rest of us do. Refreshing than to hear someone suck up when things are there to be said but would sooner hide than say anything so not to upset people.

He always sounds to me like he has picked up soundbites from the shit, rag laden wanktroop and regurgitates them with very little belief in the bile spouted. Occasionally offering a realistic viewpoint from what he has seen in front of him

An idol of mine from a team of idols including White.
Any criticism I've ever heard him say I've heard the same from our own fans, so I don't know what the problem is. If anything it points to Quinn being a fan who gets frustrated like the rest of us do. Refreshing than to hear someone suck up when things are there to be said but would sooner hide than say anything so not to upset people.

This. Never understood the criticism of Quinn from City fans. Do we just want to be like United who have had a load of arse licking ex-players embarrassing themselves with observations and opinions that are myopic and detached from reality?

To me he comes across as a frustrated fan when he has a moan, and he has never uttered anything that hasn't been discussed to death on places like this by other blues before!

Listen to the QPR commentary again if you doubt it...he is almost hyperventilating.

This. Never understood the criticism of Quinn from City fans. Do we just want to be like United who have had a load of arse licking ex-players embarrassing themselves with observations and opinions that are myopic and detached from reality?

To me he comes across as a frustrated fan when he has a moan, and he has never uttered anything that hasn't been discussed to death on places like this by other blues before!

Listen to the QPR commentary again if you doubt it...he is almost hyperventilating.
Slating United and all they stand for, but wanting to be treated like them is a big annoyance of mine with fellow blues. For another thread though.
As for Quinn, glad you agree. A relative of mine has spent time with Quinn during his punditry career, and he's always eager to talk about City be it positively or negatively if that's needed.
He, Quinn, is delighted we have Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.