Niall Quinns Disco Pants are the best.

Phuk Tifano said:
Great idea, CBB...let's start a new Wheeltappers and Shunters thread so we can hark back to the good ol' days of bar billiards, shove ha'penny and Watneys party sevens...

...ah'l sithee!

*cue all twenty- and thirty-somethings shaking their head in bewilderment*

Shove ha'penny ? When I were a lad it was Shove farthing. You young un's don't know you were born. Used to walk to Maine road from Cornwall ,then walk back after the game. Bare footed. And if we got our feet dirty dad would batter us with an axe. Good old days.

It was a common song in the late seventies early eighties. Anyone who remembers the painful days of having to put on some proper trousers to get in a disco in those days will remember.

Anyone who borrowed a pair off their Dad/younger brother and went off to said disco stood the chance of getting this song sung at them.

I particularly remember a bunch of City "Boys" from Droylsden singing it regularly to a lad called Neil. When Quinn signed it was quickly adapted!!!!

some you will know "alan potter" very big lad from denton area?
he drove 10 of us on a 2 week tour of switzerland in the 80s. before niall came to city!
anway on a stop off in france "potter" went to bed we managed to nick his pants and shoes.
in the bar downstairs we put them on and thats when i first heard blues sing that song.
if you knew potter in the 80s . he was a lot bigger than now.

still on the subject of who sang it first.
we were always watching "life of brian" leading up to our trial "govnors". every morning before we went in front of the judge a group of us always sang " always look on the bright side". rags we did it first................

colinbellsboots said:
city bairn said:
What are the exact words to this? My teams fans sang a similiar song for a player called Eddie May played for them for 1989 till 1994.
NIAL QUINNS DISGO SHORTS ARE THE BEST,
THEY GO UP FROM HIS ARSE TO HIS CHEST,
BETTER THAN ADAM AND THE ANTS,
NIAL QUIINS DISCO PANTS,.

And yes it was about Alan Potter who had specially made clothes !! 1st sung about Niall Quinn pre season to Italy in the summer of '92 I believe !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.