Nice one pie-eaters

Congratulations to Wigan, fully deserved.

We know how it feels to wait such a long time for a major honour so despite the disappointment I'm feeling I'm delighted for their fans. Saw so many happy faces at service stations on the way home and I genuinely was happy for them, they'll have had a day they'll remember for the rest of their lives.

We'll reach plenty more cup finals in the coming years, this may be their last one for a while, I'm glad they enjoyed it.

enjoy Wigan. Guttered with our performance but the outcome was justified. After the shock had worn off I have to say I don't mind losing to a team like them who simply wanted it more

Quite a few people said to me if we had to lose they were glad it was to Wigan and I agreed. They played well, they wanted it more than we did and they deserved it.

As I waited, in the pours of rain, for the bus after the match I saw lots of their fans and all our fans were wishing them well and congratulating them. It was a very friendly atmosphere and good luck to them in the Premiership.

Helmet Cole said:
Well prepared, gave 110%, deserved it - worth my misery to see the look on Dave Whelans face at the end.
Agreed. Gutted about losing, but very pleased for Dave Whelan. All the hard work since being stretchered off in the 1960 cup final is worth it now.

I must also congratulate Roberto Martinez. He seems like a fantastic Manager. I have seen a few post match interviews with him recently and he always has a smile on his face. If Wigan do go down (which doesn't seem right) he definitely needs to be dining at the top table. There are a number of clubs that would be mad not to chase him. He gets his teams playing a lovely flowing brand of football.

All the best to him and to Wigan in the next two games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.