Nick Cushing going to NYCFC

He's going to be assistant to the new manager at NYCFC, who is the former Celtic manager Ronny Deila. Seems an interesting move, particularly mid-season for the Women's team.

I feel sad for the women's team because it gives out the signal that they are the lowest of the low in the pecking order within the CFG. Even if that's right it isn't helpful to rub it in. Still, if it benefits the group as a whole...

I feel sad for the women's team because it gives out the signal that they are the lowest of the low in the pecking order within the CFG. Even if that's right it isn't helpful to rub it in. Still, if it benefits the group as a whole...
From what I've read it was his decision and the club must have been happy to accept it. He's achieved a hell of a lot in the women's game so it's an interesting move for him to see if he can do the same in the men's game.

From what I've read it was his decision and the club must have been happy to accept it. He's achieved a hell of a lot in the women's game so it's an interesting move for him to see if he can do the same in the men's game.

Well something needed to happen at NYCFC. Let's home there's an improvement in the offing.

Has there been a high profile move from the women's game to the male game, before this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.