Nicky Weaver

There is a light said:
Weaver was a bit mad, but I will always remember City 1 Ipswich 0 at Maine Road when they were fellow challengers for promotion from the Championship. Absolutely outstanding display, virtually won us the game on his own.

I take it Ipswich didn't cross the ball much then. I remember Weaver as an excellent shot stopper, but a shameful flapper under pressure on crosses. Sort of thing you could coach really. Shame.

Like I say and I'm sure you remember he was a bit mad, made loads of mistakes after his first couple of years at City, but he was a great shot stopper at one point. Don't you remember the Ipswich game? It was a 10 out of 10 performance, with some great saves and as I remember they actually battered us, but we held on to win the match.

That year in the Prem under Royle, did he have some kind of injury? Reason I ask is he always had somebody take his goal kicks for him... I do hope it was injury and not cause every fookin' kick he took would end up in the main stand...

alanjames24 said:
That year in the Prem under Royle, did he have some kind of injury? Reason I ask is he always had somebody take his goal kicks for him... I do hope it was injury and not cause every fookin' kick he took would end up in the main stand...

He was very injury prone with us so might well be. I was suprised when he left us for Charlton as he had finally got a run in the first team after years of injuries but I guess thats the way it goes.

I wish all the best to Nicky Weaver, he is a top bloke and saved us from anniahlation in 99

Good luck to him, i still laugh/cringe at his Wembley antics after he saved that pen lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.