Nicky Weaver

Agreed the Ipswich games stands in my mind as the best goalkeeping display I have ever seen in a City shirt, Schmeichal at Anfield runs him close those.

Good Look Weavs who knows where we would be if it wasn't for you.

There is a light said:
Weaver was a bit mad, but I will always remember City 1 Ipswich 0 at Maine Road when they were fellow challengers for promotion from the Championship. Absolutely outstanding display, virtually won us the game on his own.

absolutely awesome display from him that night, best ive ever seen of any player in a city shirt. i was in the platt lane and i think it was second half ipswitch were kicking towards us and he made half a dozen outstanding saves, pick of the bunch being one he somehow got down to and kept it on the line. im sure horlock bagged the winner in front of the north stand if memory serves me right.

He was at his best when he didn't have time to think about things, and before the first set of injuries, as a youngster he clearly just had a natural talent for it. When he came back from the longest of his lay-offs (in the KK period by then) he seemed to have lost a lot of weight and with it a lot of his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.