Nicky Weavers Testimonial

Number 95!!

Bluebee2 said:
I thought Weaver was a great talent at City and never took the opportunity given to him in the end. Whilst he was at City he earned his wages and has now moved on and is still earning wages, we don't owe Weaver anything apart from our good wishes. Sorry but i don't see the need for a testimonial.

I think the idea of giving him a testimonial is a way of us seeing him probably for the last time, and to give him our good wishes. Always be remember for the penalty shoot out for many blues.

Bluebee2 said:
I thought Weaver was a great talent at City and never took the opportunity given to him in the end. Whilst he was at City he earned his wages and has now moved on and is still earning wages, we don't owe Weaver anything apart from our good wishes. Sorry but i don't see the need for a testimonial.
Testimonials these days are about benefiting charity. But for that injury Nicky Weaver would probably still be Citys number 1 and an England squad regular, It stopped his development. He played a big part in our recovery from the dark days of Division 2 he gave us 10 years loyal service in the modern game few will do that so yes he deserves a testimonial

Son Of Blue said:
Someone should post the OP on that official Facebook thing. Apparently, it has over 20,000 members. Just a thought.
One step ahead already PM'd him! I am the officer of the Manchester City Fans application nearly 50,000 people are members could put it on that as well

I respect peoples views and Weaver has some credance maybe, but he doesn't play for us anymore so it's down to his now employers to help him. His days of clubbing with Dunne and getting mugged in a Liverpool club spring to mind. I was at training that Friday morning when the team were all recalled to the changing room to see Keegan about the previous evenings activities.

signed, an object lesson on what can go wrong, thought he had greatness in him at one point..

He definitely deserves it. He was here through thick and thin. Has some amazing years and amazing performances. And as as been said, for Wembly alone he deserves this. Without that who knows where we would be right now.

On a slightly different subject. I know the general guideline is ten years, but whenever Richard Dunne moves on (if its before 10 years), he is first on my list for testimonials. The way he turned it all around and how he was our rock for those relatively tough years under Keegan and Pearce, he deserves it. POTY 4 years in a row pretty much says it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.