Nicolás Burdisso / short term Italian defender loan

bluetonium

Surprised this guy has not yet been linked to us with a possible 6 month loan move. Was someone Mancini had great respect for during his time at Inter and has been on the Roma bench most of this season. Argentinian too (a Boca boy in fact, just like Carlos), so fits in nicely, and can play anywhere across the back.

I don't know much of him other than that to be honest, and at 31 I doubt he's going to be a star player for us or even guaranteed a game, but I can really see this kind of loan happening for us, especially with Vinny out, Kolo away and two lefties remaining at the back (which again Mancini seemingly is not comfortable with).

Anyone know anything of him? Or any other suggestions of short term loanees that we may pick up this week, a la David Pizzaro?

Also, two others Mancini had in his time at inter - Walter Samuel (whom I understand does have knee injury issues unfortunately)and Nelson Rivas, the latter last playing in the US so might be free. I mean, better the extra body than being caught short, right?

Not sure that Kolo will go or that we should push - pretty difficult for him to organise or agree anything whilst ACON is on, and if Yaya takes exception to us moving his brother...

But I think it's pretty sound reasoning given what we know of Bobby - if he feels we need a loan then likely he'll go back to what he knows and trusts from the Italian league and he'll want experience most likely, and anyone who fits that bill plus is not getting a regular game may be on the agenda.

Have heard Burdisso in particular is a bit of a tough guy and committed. All depends on Vinny I guess. If he's back soon and we are confident that he's not going to get any more niggly injuries then all is ok, Kolo back in a few weeks, then Micah, and panic over.

But a non-committal loan may just give us that extra bit of cover. Or we could pull that old trick of a loan with option to buy at an inflated amount, then which may increase the number of players available to us, then sod them off when they ask if we'd like to take up that £30m clause.

I heard that Robinho misses the Manchester weather and wants to come here on a loan basis with Mario going the other way. Arguably more likely than the unadulterated speculation written on this thread. Without a credible link, nobody in their right minds would even consider such a move.

I'm sorry if my musings have upset you lionheart? Though for the life of me I can't see why they would? Was it my use of the phrase 'lefty'?

I was merely going off Bobby's prior tendencies in the market to evaluate what he may do in the coming days. I've not linked anything because it's my own thoughts, and I can't really link that. I was also hoping for someone with more knowledge than I could expand on either Burdisso's ability or his current situation.

lionheart said:
I heard that Robinho misses the Manchester weather and wants to come here on a loan basis with Mario going the other way. Arguably more likely than the unadulterated speculation written on this thread. Without a credible link, nobody in their right minds would even consider such a move.

Oi grumpy pants I don't think the OP was doing anything other than throwing the notion out there, after all he was linked last year.

I dont think we need him, Wabara is back for abit of cover for Zab while Richards and Maicon is out injured. At Left back we have Kolarov and Clichy for cb we have Nastasic, Lescott, Kompany and Toure i know the last two are unavailable at the minute but Rodwell and Garcia can fill in there. We also have Rekik coming through. I love young players coming through and to be honest the only way they get any game time to stake the claim for a first team place is covering injuries think Wabara should be given a shot while Richards is out not sure if he is good enough but we dont know if we dont give him a shot think we made a mistake selling Trippier.

dachoosen1 said:
I dont think we need him, Wabara is back for abit of cover for Zab while Richards and Maicon is out injured. At Left back we have Kolarov and Clichy for cb we have Nastasic, Lescott, Kompany and Toure i know the last two are unavailable at the minute but Rodwell and Garcia can fill in there. We also have Rekik coming through. I love young players coming through and to be honest the only way they get any game time to stake the claim for a first team place is covering injuries think Wabara should be given a shot while Richards is out not sure if he is good enough but we dont know if we dont give him a shot think we made a mistake selling Trippier.
and Boyata too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.