Nicolás Otamendi - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Otter's position when Laporte heads it, exactly where he should be to cover, problem was Laporte fucked up and headed it straight into Amond's path.

I'm questioning now whether you've actually seen the goal.
Lol.
When @Neville Kneville wants to find fault, facts are never a deterrent to that cause. :) But then again, I know you already know this.

Lol.
When @Neville Kneville wants to find fault, facts are never a deterrent to that cause. :) But then again, I know you already know this.

It's elementsry stuff of the kind which isn't even usually noticed, because the cb just runs on & uses his body to steer the attacker away from goal.

Laporte himself deals with 50 of those per season.

It's elementsry stuff of the kind which isn't even usually noticed, because the cb just runs on & uses his body to steer the attacker away from goal.

Laporte himself deals with 50 of those per season.
You are wrong about this. But no amount of explaining will change your mind. So in inclined to just agree with you to keep the peace.

You've posted the video. Anyone who's interested can start at 46 seconds in, watch and come to their own conclusions.

Otamendi is a rock and he was magnificent last season. Its a rock and a hard place and game time improves every player in the short burst. He remains The General and should start in my opinion.

You are wrong about this. But no amount of explaining will change your mind. So in inclined to just agree with you to keep the peace.

You've posted the video. Anyone who's interested can start at 46 seconds in, watch and come to their own conclusions.

And they will see that Otamendi pauses as Laporte fucks up the header, rather than covering as would be the routine easy way to defend it.

The shit header by Laporte is absolutely not a goal causing error on its own.

It requires both cbs to create a goal, from avsolutely nothing.

I would add, if that really is the absolute best Otamendi can do, against a jouneyman cf running at medium pace, he shouldn't be in the team.

Thankfully, it was an error of judgement, not a complete lack of ability.

And they will see that Otamendi pauses as Laporte fucks up the header, rather than covering as would be the routine easy way to defend it.

The shit header by Laporte is absolutely not a goal causing error on its own.

It requires both cbs to create a goal, from avsolutely nothing.

I would add, if that really is the absolute best Otamendi can do, against a jouneyman cf running at medium pace, he shouldn't be in the team.

Thankfully, it was an error of judgement, not a complete lack of ability.
Like I said, for anyone interested, start at 0:46 and judge for yourself. :)

Like I said, for anyone interested, start at 0:46 and judge for yourself. :)

Like I said, judge if he keeps running or not.

I find it weird how people go out of their way to ignore elementary mistakes at times & wonder why.

Not just on this thread, but in general.

That shite header creates an undefendable situation for Otamendi is what's being said.

Utd's defenders have covered 10 more difficult situations already in this game tonight.

Incredibly low standard people are setting.

He's clearly done in by the way the ball bounces in front of him, any other pitch and that's an easy clearance for him. Although by that stage of the game maybe he should've known better.

However, I do feel it's a bit nitpicky to blame him for the goal like that when it's blatantly Laporte's a by a majority.

He's clearly done in by the way the ball bounces in front of him, any other pitch and that's an easy clearance for him. Although by that stage of the game maybe he should've known better.

However, I do feel it's a bit nitpicky to blame him for the goal like that when it's blatantly Laporte's a by a majority.
I would say Eddie is equally as culpable as Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.