Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otamendi is disaster since his arrival. I remember when we kept clean sheet in first 6 matches with Kompany-Mangala in last season of Pellegrini. When Otamendi started to play chaos in defence started. He was terible against Everton, Leicester away and Monaco home games. He was bad even when we won in home game against Barcelona. Remember when Suarez humiliated him. Remember also how he could not handle Diego Costa at Etihad 1-3 against chelsea. Without any doubts Inigo Martinez is not in same class with Bonucci but in Pep's system he will be much more useful than Otamendi. Martinez is left-footed and comfortable with ball. Otamendi is more suitable with closed tense defences like Atletico Madrid or Chelsea.

I think that's probably a little unfair, you've picked out a few bad performances and broadstroked his whole city career with them. He's also had exceptional games for us too. I certainly don't think he's as consistent as he should be but he's a long way from terrible!

Otamendi is disaster since his arrival. I remember when we kept clean sheet in first 6 matches with Kompany-Mangala in last season of Pellegrini. When Otamendi started to play chaos in defence started. He was terible against Everton, Leicester away and Monaco home games. He was bad even when we won in home game against Barcelona. Remember when Suarez humiliated him. Remember also how he could not handle Diego Costa at Etihad 1-3 against chelsea. Without any doubts Inigo Martinez is not in same class with Bonucci but in Pep's system he will be much more useful than Otamendi. Martinez is left-footed and comfortable with ball. Otamendi is more suitable with closed tense defences like Atletico Madrid or Chelsea.
Jump off the bandwagon, mate, it's getting boring. The truth is he's the best defender we've got that we can count on to not be injured. I rate him highly.

Absolute Bollocks. He was our best CB last season

If you analyse every player we have you could draw up similar poor games

Hope we keep him. May have not matched up well with Stones last year but he had some quality performances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.