Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sympathise with him sometimes. He played really well today and it's good that City fans recognise that. But his playstyle means you never see the things he does right; which is most of the game; but boy you never miss the mistakes he makes.

I sympathise with him sometimes. He played really well today and it's good that City fans recognise that. But his playstyle means you never see the things he does right; which is most of the game; but boy you never miss the mistakes he makes.
Better than Stones by alot. I agree, he does all of the normal defending things well so regularly that people tend to forget them because of the occassional brain fart.

This is like his 5th year now, and he is still only 31. I don't see why we can't keep him for the next couple of years. Still want another CB though, because Dinho doesn't have many years left.

Better than Stones by alot. I agree, he does all of the normal defending things well so regularly that people tend to forget them because of the occassional brain fart.

This is like his 5th year now, and he is still only 31. I don't see why we can't keep him for the next couple of years. Still want another CB though, because Dinho doesn't have many years left.
He does more than normal things well too. He's arguably been the best front foot defender (ahead of Kompany) in the world over the past 4 years. A huge statement but he's always bossed the statistics for winning tackles, interceptions and headers and it's not an accident he's consistently been at the top of the CIES player rankings since his arrival. Nobody could have made Kane look as much of a mug as he did at the start of the season.

It's just a shame he struggles on the back foot. But I have no complaints, nobody, bar maybe Messi can be perfect.

He does more than normal things well too. He's arguably been the best front foot defender (ahead of Kompany) in the world over the past 4 years. A huge statement but he's always bossed the statistics for winning tackles, interceptions and headers and it's not an accident he's consistently been at the top of the CIES player rankings since his arrival. Nobody could have made Kane look as much of a mug as he did at the start of the season.

It's just a shame he struggles on the back foot. But I have no complaints, nobody, bar maybe Messi can be perfect.
Think you have missed out vinny there

He did. I feared before kick off that Albert would give him the runaround but he was absolutely solid. Ne'er a foot wrong.

He did. I feared before kick off that Albert would give him the runaround but he was absolutely solid. Ne'er a foot wrong.
I like that he's getting praise but he wasn't perfect. He at least twice made a hash of dealing with Vardy and both times could have cost us. But his overall performance was why it was only twice instead of 15 times. But again that's part of the bit we don't see. It's one of those things you accept though as he's always been that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.