Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never gives less than 100%. Thats all you can ask of anyone. His strengths dont suit a Pep team though.
Interestingly for me I'd argue his strengths are great. His ability to read and win tackles, be aggressive, play very high up, aerial prowess, determination, decent enough passing ability... The 2-2 against Tottenham he was outstanding. I'd argue that his weaknesses though have caught up big time. He's lost his sharpness, he's weaker than he used to be, he's even more rash than ever, he's slower etc. Those weaknesses have been massively exaggerated this season too, especially without Laporte next to him and the team's issues in general.

Fully agree with the first part though. Unfortunately it looks like he's over the hill (of course I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it).

Interestingly for me I'd argue his strengths are great. His ability to read and win tackles, be aggressive, play very high up, aerial prowess, determination, decent enough passing ability... The 2-2 against Tottenham he was outstanding. I'd argue that his weaknesses though have caught up big time. He's lost his sharpness, he's weaker than he used to be, he's even more rash than ever, he's slower etc. Those weaknesses have been massively exaggerated this season too, especially without Laporte next to him and the team's issues in general.

Fully agree with the first part though. Unfortunately it looks like he's over the hill (of course I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it).
I have never been totally sold if I’m honest. He has always committed himself too early imo and (as a tendency to be rash. Can’t fault his effort though and he has been a good servant to the club.

I have never been totally sold if I’m honest. He has always committed himself too early imo and (as a tendency to be rash. Can’t fault his effort though and he has been a good servant to the club.
Have to give him credit that he does at least commit 100% to everything he does, doesnt always work mind but at least he does it. Compared with a lot of our previous defenders, its often their indecisiveness thats killed them.

They way he threw all of himself at that block is what I love about him. He is all about the effort. Leaves nothing left in the tank.

I have nothing but love for these types players.

Seems like he's a really likeable guy in the locker room and with the coaching staff. His time may be up here but I have no negatives against the man for his effort and his service to the club.

Seems like he's a really likeable guy in the locker room and with the coaching staff. His time may be up here but I have no negatives against the man for his effort and his service to the club.

Yeah you can never fault him for effort. In fact half the time you think he's trying too hard and needs to calm down a bit!

What a surprise... :-)

So, we sign Torres for a low sum...Otamendi goes to Valencia... and Velez Sarsfield, whom he left in 2010, get 5%...

I imagine that the next piece in this affair is Thiago Almada ‘surprisingly‘ joins Valencia from Velez Sarsfield, where we have agreed that he will play for one/two seasons, before incredibly he joins us. Sound possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.