Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
These little amounts add up to a lot we miss out on regularly while our rivals dont. a 31 year old shit Lovren vs 32 year old Otamendi, I know who is better player, yet its Lovren who is being sold for a nice fee.

Especially when you take into account Txiki is haggling over a fee of 10-15m euros for KK for months.

Terrible deal. We will have to pay him off in a years time. But this means we have 2 foreign spots available.
Let's hope we have something else up our sleeve after we get a CB in.

No surprise there, wages a hurdle and we accept a loan deal.

Honestly, this is fine. He was never going to bring in a decent fee with the contract he's on so I'm happy to move him on where he wants to go in recognition for his service to the club. His foreign slot is more valuable than the fee we would've been holding out for anyway. Underrated player for us, never caused any trouble, etc.

Honestly, this is fine. He was never going to bring in a decent fee with the contract he's on so I'm happy to move him on where he wants to go in recognition for his service to the club. His foreign slot is more valuable than the fee we would've been holding out for anyway. Underrated player for us, never caused any trouble, etc.
Absolutely this. He's been a model professional for us. Never complains about anything, always puts in 100% when called upon, not even a hint of trouble in his personal life, rarely injured, and good enough to make PL Team of the Year two seasons ago. Best wishes for the rest of your career and life Nico, and thanks.

Fantastic season in 17/18 but a donkey in defence aside that. Good professional off the pitch but I guess the older heads here have seen way worse players in their time so he is definitely not bad to them. I can respect that.

Absolutely this. He's been a model professional for us. Never complains about anything, always puts in 100% when called upon, not even a hint of trouble in his personal life, rarely injured, and good enough to make PL Team of the Year two seasons ago. Best wishes for the rest of your career and life Nico, and thanks.
This , i dont know why people do still not understand how we treat our oldies , they give us all their best years and in return we allow then to decide when and how to move on , i like him, gave 100% which used to be what fans liked the most , he always got stuck in , when did we become a fan base who woman and moan everytime they move on in the way the club want to do it

Maybe he's been a great servant for us and would rather accept the clubs he would rather retire at instead of selling him to anyone.

Whether he’s been a good servant for the club or not it doesn’t mean we should just be giving players away we’re not a charity, you can treat loyal players well without constantly losing out on a not unsubstantial amount of money. There’s an assumption he’s on astronomical wages too, most reports have him on around 120k a week, Lovren was around 110k a week according to the same reports, there’s barely any difference, at least not enough to have an impact on any fee we should be getting. There’s no way of looking at it where giving him away for free or anything less than £10 is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.