Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is playing out in front of us: it’s the wages.

More generally though I have to agree Liverpool seems to be able to sell much better than we do.

Don’t think wages should make that much of a difference We tend to pay very incentive based and don’t Liverpool pay similar to us these days but maybe Otamendi and Lovern are not comparable as Otamendi was at one point more important to us than Lovern was to Liverpool

Don’t think wages should make that much of a difference We tend to pay very incentive based and don’t Liverpool pay similar to us these days but maybe Otamendi and Lovern are not comparable as Otamendi was at one point more important to us than Lovern was to Liverpool
Incentives for a team that probably meets most of them over the life time of a contract becomes the default. We’ve done that pretty well for the time he’s been here. Despite his hugely erratic performances of late, he’s helped us to achieve many of those ‘incentives’.

He’ll have a book value based on his original cost and current amortisation level. We’ll be looking for anything equal or above that to show a positive on the balance sheet. The wages pay off will likely come into that equation.

Given we tend to always look after players that have served us well, including not slagging us off in the media (and in the long term this won’t go unnoticed with other players and particularly agents) I’m sure we’ll let him go on favourable terms whilst ticking our own boxes.

If he goes he’s been an incredibly frustrating player but on the whole good. He’s got it all for most of a match but then just defaults to brain dead mode. However I think he also declined physically last season and in this league, with the way we play, it’s not ideal. It’s the right time.

In the end, I feel he’ll end up a bit like Kolarov for me. You’ll remember his best bits, he didn’t slag us off, he’ll do well in a lesser league and in time he’ll be appreciated beyond the level he was actually at.

Everyone seems to be able to sell much better than we do.

I believe a lot of this is due to the wages we pay, and the people that we want to shift are usually on the decline.

sane was sold for a handy profit, we would have probably got a greater return if he hadn’t got injured, he was probably the only player we have released, that we desperately wanted to keep.

I also feel many wouldn’t think this, if ever players such as Aguero, Kompany, Silva and Toure were sold in their prime, and we now considered letting KDB and Sterling go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.