Nige Fail.

I'm sure once we finish our transfer business we will tie Micah, Hart, him, and Kompany down. We've already done it with Zaba.

Andouble said:
I'm sure once we finish our transfer business we will tie Micah, Hart, him, and Kompany down. We've already done it with Zaba.

I think the worry is that Nigel's saying they have sat down already but they can't agree.

We find ourselves in a tricky situation because there are players like NDJ, and Kompany who are integral to our long term success - but who'll likely never earn what Tevez has at City.

The decision in situations like this has got to be Mancini's - if he feels NDJ is integral to his team, then the board need to do what it takes to get him to sign a new contract. Lets face it, one of the upsides of being the richest club in the world is that even with FFPR's we can at the very least afford to keep our key players tied to the club for as long as possible...

He obviously wants to commit to City (and earn a few extra quid) so I don't see the problem considering he is really important to us. Hopefully this dosen't piss him off and he decides to leave after his contract is done.

I know he's not motivated by money, but would you be happy if every new signing we made was on 150-200k per week, then you, a valued, committed player, was offered a new contract on something like 100k per week? He's been one of our best players over the last two years, I pray the club don't take him for granted and start trying to mug him off by offering him a lower contract.

Sucre said:
I know he's not motivated by money, but would you be happy if every new signing we made was on 150-200k per week, then you, a valued, committed player, was offered a new contract on something like 100k per week? He's been one of our best players over the last two years, I pray the club don't take him for granted and start trying to mug him off by offering him a lower contract.

who are all this "new signing" that are on 150/200k per week ?

In Nigels case...i think we are talking about a contract worth about 80k-100k/a week. Probably under 100k.

Every player canno't earn 100k/a week...and attacking players earn more than defensive players. Clichy pointed it out recently. And he is on 65k/a week.

Yaya earns with bonuses a whopping 220k/a week. Kompany is going to be the best paid defender at City when he signs his new 120k/a week, because he is going to be the captain and he is one of the best in his position.

Seems like De Jong wants a top contract aswell...and maybe De Jongs biggest fans dont want to see it.

When you see that someone like Balotelli earns 100k/a week. Then i think De Jong should earn atleast the same but the club just can't give everyone 100k+/a week with the FFP rules coming.

Still, i think the club will find a solution to De Jongs contract situation aswell. Whats De Jong on currently btw?

waspish said:
100%blue said:
I didn't know that slimeball joorabchian was his adviser, he's probably behind this being made public to stick the knife in

He is slime ball, but he always gets his players the bumper deals........

There's no way of knowing if he's any better, or any worse than most other agents out there.

Personally, I'm not sure he's that good at all. He has one negotiating tactic: to feed 'player is unsettled' stories to The Mail, Sky & TalkSport. (The NOTW used to be on that list, but not anymore).

I think more clubs are realizing that leaking stories is all he can really do, and if they can ride out a few weeks of uncomfortable headlines,  Joorabchian has no plan B at all. I think this is exactly what Levy has been doing with Modric - Ignore his nonsense, and Kia will buzz off to try and unsettle another player instead.

With Hughes jobless, no real offer for Tevez, and  the Corinthians stuff exposed as a joke, plus Modric so far staying put despite Joorbachian's attempts to offer him to Abramovich ... This could turn out to be a pretty poor summer for Kia. But, like a dying wasp, I'm sure he'll have a go at stinging City once or twice more before he buzzes off for good ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.