Nigel De Jong statistics

Dobsy87

2010/2011 season

Yellow cards: 2 (the same, or less, than 60 other players)
Red Cards: 0
Fouls: 13 (the same, or less, than 20 other players)

2009/2010 season

Yellow Cards: 7 (the same, or less, than 49 others, at a rate of less than one every five games)
Red Cards: 0 (unlike 63 others including Scholes, Nani, Fletcher and Vidic)
Fouls: 42 (the same, or less, than 47 others, approx one foul per game)

These stats prove that De Jong is not a 'thug' as some would like to make out. I am embarrassed for the media.

You missed another stat, that there are 20 De Jong threads on this page alone!

Dobsy87 said:
2010/2011 season

2009/2010 season

Yellow Cards: 7 (the same, or less, than 49 others, at a rate of less than one every five games)

These stats prove that De Jong is not a 'thug' as some would like to make out. I am embarrassed for the media.

Someone will have to be embarrassed for them. Just like politicians, they don't do honesty, fairness, and embarrassment.

To be honest, I'm quietly amazed by what De Jong gets away with. Most of his tackles are well-timed and perfectly executed, but there's a bookable challenge every other game at least, it's the nature of his role, so by my reckoning he'd be getting a lot more if he was on a referee's blacklist of dirty bastards. I fear he's on it now - even though he's not a dirty bastard (I've never seen him make one challenge or attempted challenge where there has been intent), so he'll be getting a lot more now. I'd be staggered if he lasted through the season without a suspension after this media outcry.

Dobsy87 said:
2010/2011 season

2009/2010 season

And for some of our own City fans. Back from Manchester Yesterday and could not believe the bile sprouted at him by his own (City and Holland).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.