Nigel De Jong

A A

Anonymous

I know we're wealthy but why are we paying £15m for him when he can leave for £1.5m in June?

Immaculate Pasta said:
I know we're wealthy but why are we paying £15m for him when he can leave for £1.5m in June?
no we cant he' contracted till june 2010.

*singingtheblues* said:
Because we can!

Because perhaps we want to win something this season, famous last words, but we are still in the UEFA cup in case you hadn't noticed.

Istanbul, Istanbul we are coming !

But seriously, his presence is exactly what we need now, Kompany back to center half, and De Jong in the middle.

We might scrape into Europe next year with him in the squad, without him we wouldn't have a hope in hell.

I think it's worth sacrificing some small change!

blue dallas said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
no we cant he' contracted till june 2010.
and besides he just made a verbal agreement to sign a prolonged contract with them..

and we need players now not only in the summer

it's been reported he had a 1.5m escape clause that kicked in this summer,

but

a: he had already verbally agreed to sign a new contract. don't know wether this may have affected the enforcibility of that clause

and

b: that's just a starting point. you can bet clubs would have bid much higher.

why oh why is everyone so concerned at the price the sheik is paying for players!! its HIS money after all.......at least we are not putting the club into financial debt buying players as other clubs do!! 32 mil for berbasnob springs to mind!

Just be happy we are buying class players and stop being soooo concerned about prices FFS!

Theres plenty more where that comes from !!

If he's got it why doesnt he spend it ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.