Nigel De Jong.

Neil McNab said:
C_T_I_D said:
Mark my words, he'll be very harshly treated this coming season for his "tackle" on Xabi Alonso and refs will be biased and hold no hesitate in booking him unfairly in my opinion and given his "playing style" I think it opens up the chance for refs to sort of clamp down on his effectiveness for us so to speak.

Does anyone feel the same way and hold this fear about him?
I'm hoping he's a seldom used sub, never rated him as a footballer, Gelson outshone him at the world cup!
His fans were saying before the world cup that he plays in an amazing Holland side, it's ridiculous to say good enough for Holland but not good enough for City. Well I'd say Holland failed, not because of their short comings up front but because of players like De Jong who dragged them back into the dark ages.

oh well that's that then - he's finished - not even a footballer now!

You who claim De Jong will puss out in the future: Nigel doesn't care what anyone thinks and is a professional, and will continue with his style. He was critized before and said in the papers that he wouldn't change his style. "It's a part of me".

Speaking of which:
GuqwK.gif

9whz5u.gif

1278896484185.jpg

dejongalonso.gif

Hehe..

Outrun said:
You who claim De Jong will puss out in the future: Nigel doesn't care what anyone thinks and is a professional, and will continue with his style. He was critized before and said in the papers that he wouldn't change his style. "It's a part of me".

Speaking of which:
GuqwK.gif

9whz5u.gif

1278896484185.jpg

dejongalonso.gif

Hehe..
This.

TBH I wouldnt be surprised if NDJ didnt perform upto his usual standards this season; world cup washout n all that. Think his head ( along with a lot of the Dutch players) will be stuck in July 11 for a good while yet.

blueplan said:
Sad to say de Jong is DAMAGED GOOD.
dJ & van Bommel are overwhelmingly widely criticised & labelled as thugs (and should have rightly been send off) all over the world not just by media but by football & non-football fans.
Mind you these include not only fencesitters ( non-partisan crowd) but also by A LARGE NUMBER OF Dutch fans.
The thuggery (epitomized by dJ's Bruce Lee kick & van Bommel continual hacking) & rotating fouls especially by the 2006 WC Dutch veterans in the first half , turned -off a huge number of fencesitters & Dutch supporters & by the end of the Final were relieved to see Spain win the WC.
Yes, Its an overwhelming worldwide consensus & opinion even endorsed by the likes of Cryuff.
Now how can we defend the indefensible & just say that its just rags opinion that we have to contend with!
Yes, lets defend dJ with a seige mentality & FORGO our blueprint or masterplan to be the Best Football Club with an International reputation & following.
By trotting out dJ we signalled to the world that we want to play UGLY. Is that what our new owner & most citizens want?
we wont be able to field a team if we sell every player,who has made a bad challenge.
there is a big difference between van bommel and de jong.

have to laugh at any clown slagging off nige

hes the first name down on the team sheet. fact

he was arguably our best player last season

you cant half tell who the newcomers are

foley87 said:

Fact? Really?

Newcomers or not, everyone is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not.

This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone rates De Jong you know.

foley87 said:

a very bold statement that is definitely not a fact!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.