nigel ding dong. its bite the bullet time

kunaguero10

carrying on the trend...

he is totally defensive but a very good defensive midfielder and i think he is absolutely quality and is worth his 17M price tag. only 23/24 i think he will be a very big part of our future.

but i think that for the next game he should be dropped to let ireland have a start to prove doubters wrong this season.
4-4-2 with barry/ireland midfield, petrov left bellamy right (petrov on right doesn't work), tevez and adebayor up front (i think adebayor's paternity leave has finished).

weve got burnley at home and hull at home in a few weeks. i would like ireland to get a run of games as he can exploit these kind of team's weaknesses (no offence to burnley/ hull). either that or a 4-3-3 with de jong and barry holding ireland creative with tevez right, bellamy left and ade up front (drop sweep for a while)

just my opinion!!

edit: in the 4-3-3 i meant bellamy on the left

Being discussed in the Tevez thread atm...

I don't agree. I don't think its a case of one having to suffer for the other; both should play. Playing Ireland over De Jong solves nothing, we still have two players in CM playing thier un-natural game.

Ireland can't get forward and be as effective as often, Barry has to join in going forward on occasions again leaving us exposed and under performing in midfield.

mansour's tow ropes said:
carrying on the trend...

he is totally defensive but a very good defensive midfielder and i think he is absolutely quality and is worth his 17M price tag. only 23/24 i think he will be a very big part of our future.

but i think that for the next game he should be dropped to let ireland have a start to prove doubters wrong this season.
4-4-2 with barry/ireland midfield, petrov left bellamy right (petrov on right doesn't work), tevez and adebayor up front (i think adebayor's paternity leave has finished).

weve got burnley at home and hull at home in a few weeks. i would like ireland to get a run of games as he can exploit these kind of team's weaknesses (no offence to burnley/ hull). either that or a 4-3-3 with de jong and barry holding ireland creative with tevez right, petrov left and ade up front (drop sweep for a while)

just my opinion!!
why don't we drop shay given aswell, fuck it, let's drop everyone who is playing well then.
Maybe nigel had 1 bag game yesterday but Ireland had several before he was dropped.

GStar said:

I don't agree. I don't think its a case of one having to suffer for the other; both should play. Playing Ireland over De Jong solves nothing, we still have two players in CM playing thier un-natural game.

Ireland can't get forward and be as effective as often, Barry has to join in going forward on occasions again leaving us exposed and under performing in midfield.

We have enough quality now to be playing only Barry or De Jong. Having both of them on the pitch at the same time cramps their games, Barrys in particular.

Its harsh reality really, ignoring yesterday De Jong and Barry have played well and thats why there not getting dropped but overall its not doing the team any favours to be that defensive

jonnymcfc said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
carrying on the trend...

weve got burnley at home and hull at home in a few weeks. i would like ireland to get a run of games as he can exploit these kind of team's weaknesses (no offence to burnley/ hull). either that or a 4-3-3 with de jong and barry holding ireland creative with tevez right, petrov left and ade up front (drop sweep for a while)

just my opinion!!
why don't we drop shay given aswell, fuck it, let's drop everyone who is playing well then.
Maybe nigel had 1 bag game yesterday but Ireland had several before he was dropped.

hold on im not saying drop him because of form i just think we could change the way we play in these home games to maybe go out for the 3 points rather than maybe being stuck with another draw, struggling to get through the burnley defence which will be difficult to break down without someone like ireland who has the eye for a clever pass

Ricster said:
GStar said:

We have enough quality now to be playing only Barry or De Jong. Having both of them on the pitch at the same time cramps their games, Barrys in particular.

Disagree, Barry's performances have been poor since we switched to 442. He's not great going forward, he's suited better to a 3 man midfield imo, where he can put in the leg work knowing he has options ahead and cover behind him.

If it comes to a point where Hughes sticks with 442 and we [lay Ireland....then its bench for De Jong or Barry....and its take a seat Gareth for me. De Jong is upper class and one of our best players

I'd leave De Jong in and that would allow Ireland (in place of Barry) greater freedom. Barry looked a little tired at Birmingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.