Nineteen years ago

Wife and myself were on holiday in Turkey, we had been jet skiing and was getting in the hotel lift to go back to our room and this German woman said there had been a catastrophe in the US, I just thought there had been an earthquake in California, couldn't believe what was happening on the TV.

Was in Greece at the time with my kids, mainly re-runs of the planes hitting the towers, but Greek commentary, took a good while to realise what was actually going on, I remember the nightmare at Kalamata airport on the return journey, worryingly, unbeknown to me, my son smuggled a flick knife through security in his case, I guess that's Greece for you.

R.I.P all those who perished.

I remember it interrupted neighbours on BBC One at the time, a crazy heart breaking day. Strange to think that so much time has passed, and now it’s almost forgotten. No one I know has mentioned anything, I even said to a few people “bloody hell 19 years ago...” and they had no clue.

Anyway, RIP all those that perished and thoughts with all the families and friends.

Imagine choosing to leap from the upper floors, rather than burn to death. What was going through those poor people's minds in the last couple minutes?
I won't post it because I think it would be in bad taste, but there is (if it's still there)footage on youtube recorded on the helmet cam of a bloke that sneaked to the top of the wtc and jumped off(Parachute) . You get to see the view the jumpers made when they made that decision and it's hard to imagine that as your best option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.