Nirvana

Never really warmed to nirvana, always seemed like a poorer version of the pixies at times, though if he had lived they would have probably grew with kurt and Dave Grohl both in the band, as can be seen by the great songs the latter has produced with the Foo Fighters

2Forward said:
Always been a big fan of nirvana, gutted that I missed it. Don't think you can really compare them with R.E.M, both brilliant bands, completely different genres though.

They both came through on the Sub Pop lable in Seattle and toured a lot of the same circuits so I think that's why they get spoken of together often, pretty sure they did a bunch of gigs together near the start

Nirvana have always been one of my fave bands, i always thought Nevermind was a little bit overated although it got Nirvana on the map..

In Utero is the best album, IMO this is the true Nirvana sound..

urban genie said:
Never really warmed to nirvana, always seemed like a poorer version of the pixies at times, though if he had lived they would have probably grew with kurt and Dave Grohl both in the band, as can be seen by the great songs the latter has produced with the Foo Fighters

The thought that Nirvana might have turned into the Foo Fighters completely justifies Cobain's decision to shoot himself in the face, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.