No 1 Keeper to start the new season

SboroBlu

Who do you think should start the new season as the No 1 Keeper????

I would like to see Hart. He has everthing that Given has to offer and more.

Given dosn't command his box and will rarley leave the 6 yard box, where as Hart will come out and take charge.

Hart will have saved Birmingham at least 12 points last season.

As long as they are both happy with whatever arrangements are made (i.e. one getting all Europa, one getting all FA and League cup and the form and fitness picking the keeper for the league) then I dont mind which starts, Im more concerned about keeping them both happy as whichever way round you play it I doubt you can find a better pair of keepers at one club fighting for number 1 spot.

SboroBlu said:
Who do you think should start the new season as the No 1 Keeper????

I would like to see Hart. He has everthing that Given has to offer and more.

Given dosn't command his box and will rarley leave the 6 yard box, where as Hart will come out and take charge.

Hart will have saved Birmingham at least 12 points last season.
Really?

I always thought that this was one of Hart's faults too.

Edit:
To answer the original question, I would like to see Hart given the opportunity this season. He was outstanding last season and I think benching him this year could hinder his progress.

As has been mentioned though, it is going to be tough keeping them both happy.

Hart for me. I think his distribution is more positive than Given's and he is more likely to encourage us to play out from the back.

shay hands down, hart might have saved birmingham tweleve points, but shay saved us even more, people forget too easily games like the chelsea one, birmingham away, and the rags at home in the league cup.

for me, given is the best shot stopper the premiership has ever had

You are all mad!! Shag Given has been one of our best players since he joined. An outstanding keeper and possibly one of the best in the world, Hart has a lot to learn. Shay is our number 1 without any doubt

Funny how people seem to forget Hart's weaknesses, and remember nothing but Given's.
Never mind the fact that Hart was third choice keeper in a poor English squad, he wasn't at all too happy about being made come back to City before the world cup.

Either way, Hart wont want to sit on the bench after getting a taste of starting football down with Birmingham and no one in their right mind would expect Shay to sit happily on the bench. Either way, I'd say one will be gone by Christmas if Hart's forced to stay.

And you can't just split the games, whatever about the other positions, you can't keep switching keepers. Hart wont be patient and we can't ask Given to be, and we shouldn't expect him to, wait around and sit on the bench at this stage of his career.

Given's an excellent keeper and I'd start him, but obviously for most it's the young English lad that they want to start.

It will be interesting to see who's picked, it would have been a different story if Hart had gotten any game time at the world cup, it might have tipped him as favourite to start, especially because there was questions whether Shay will be fit or not. But now, the fact that Hart didn't get a single minute could be a blemish on him. And I can see Given being fit for start of season as he's supposed to be ahead of schedule with recovery, either way, it'll be goodbye to one of our keepers come the window in January. There is no way to keep them both happy, whether we like it or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.