no ban off fa

and fuck off van winkledinkle (holland coach). what a disgrace to drop NDJ because of a hard, fair challenge. Genuinly don't see what van winkldinkle is trying to achieve by doing that? surely offering his support would have been the sensible decision?

Has there been an official statement from the ref or FA then ?

With the witch hunt ramping up into full gear with the DUtch coach dropping Nige etc there was always the worry the FA would change the rules again just to chaft us...

I wont see how they could take action the ref was 3 yards away, clear view no action, replays show his decision was correct he won the ball clean and fair.

Nothing surprise me though look at Ade last season the FA have proven they will ignore the rules / move goal posts just to fuck us.

I wonder if the Adebayor witch-hunt has had any bearing on the FA's treatment of this case?
Remember how they asked the referee, last year "to look again at the Van Persie challenge"? Effectively putting words in the referee's mouth (whilst simultaneously ignoring some of Aresenal's more crude attempts to hack Adebayor down, by the way).
Last time out they were all very busy sounding self-righteous and moralistic.
To do the same now would be blatantly biased - even by their standards.
This whole media frenzy is a bit sad, isn't it?
City are second - so they must be cheating.
City are going well in Europe - so they must be cheating
City are not fulfilling their designated role of being the class clown - so they must be cheating.
Hopefully, they'll soon get bored with tormenting us and move on to somebody else like say, Roy Hodgson.

What's your source mate? Can't find anything official anywhere and I'm pretty worried the fa will ban nige retrospectively (like ade), especially after him being screwed by his own international manager!<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:36 pm --<br /><br />Answered my own question:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/nigel-de-jong-fa-holland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... fa-holland</a>

Not official yet, but looking good!

The Football Association will take no action against Nigel de Jong over the tackle that left the Newcastle United winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a broken leg.

Ben Arfa was stretchered off following a robust challenge by De Jong in the third minute of yesterday's match at Eastlands, which Manchester City won 2-1. The 23-year-old Frenchman suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg and underwent successful surgery this morning.

Because the referee Martin Atkinson admitted he saw the incident at the time and decided not to punish De Jong, the FA cannot pursue the matter. However, the midfielder was today dropped from the Holland squad for their upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

goater82 said:
What's your source mate? Can't find anything official anywhere and I'm pretty worried the fa will ban nige retrospectively (like ade), especially after him being screwed by his own international manager!

-- Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:36 pm --

Answered my own question:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/nigel-de-jong-fa-holland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... fa-holland</a>

Not official yet, but looking good!

The Football Association will take no action against Nigel de Jong over the tackle that left the Newcastle United winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a broken leg.

Ben Arfa was stretchered off following a robust challenge by De Jong in the third minute of yesterday's match at Eastlands, which Manchester City won 2-1. The 23-year-old Frenchman suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg and underwent successful surgery this morning.

Because the referee Martin Atkinson admitted he saw the incident at the time and decided not to punish De Jong, the FA cannot pursue the matter. However, the midfielder was today dropped from the Holland squad for their upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

The reason they retrospectively punished Ade was because the ref didn't see the incident (the alleged kick in the face of RVP) - whereas Atkinson says he saw the tackle and thought it was a good one (which it was - not two footed and he took the ball so i don't really see what all the fuss is about - Scholes tackles like that all the time and doesn;t get anywhere near the fuckin ball!!) so there is nothing the FA can do - even if they wanted to (unless they changed their own rules to suit!!

The Guardian article mentioned before is a total disgrace. The headline says "Nigel de Jong ESCAPES punishment ........... and later "Referee Admits he saw the INCIDENT. "

First if a steal some money and run away and I am never caught then it is true to say I have escaped. But if don't steal any money and therefore don't run away it can hardly be said that I have escaped. NDJ did not do anything wrong, the ref was 3 yards away and like every one else he saw a tackle, so just what exactly has NDJ escaped from ?
Also Referee ADMITS he saw the the incident (What f*cking incident) ? Well I suppose the headline "Referee states he saw NDJ make a tackle" is not really a headline is it.

What a shower of shits at the Gurdian

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.