No Channels on My Freeview

The Fat el Hombre

When I go to re-tune, it just doesn't find any channels. Well, it finds a handful (crap channels) and when I try to save them it says I've exceeded my channel limit, except I've always had loads more channels than this, and the ones it finds don't work anyway. Any ideas of how to solve this?

The Fat el Hombre said:
When I go to re-tune, it just doesn't find any channels. Well, it finds a handful (crap channels) and when I try to save them it says I've exceeded my channel limit, except I've always had loads more channels than this, and the ones it finds don't work anyway. Any ideas of how to solve this?

I take it you have unplugged it and waited the mandatory 30 seconds?

Yea, even that didn't work, this must be serious

I've just done a manual scan and it got some channels, though not SSN which is the only thing I watch really, and they're all on daft numbers around 800 odd. I'll just leave it a few days for the switchover to settle and keep trying

The Fat el Hombre said:
Yea, even that didn't work, this must be serious

I've just done a manual scan and it got some channels, though not SSN which is the only thing I watch really, and they're all on daft numbers around 800 odd. I'll just leave it a few days for the switchover to settle and keep trying
How old is your box? They said a lot of older boxes wouldn't cope when main switch over happens as the software wouldn't be compatable

Have you had a digital ariel installed? i had to have one fitted last week for my bedroom, having sky obviously means you don't need one but i guess you still have the old analogue ariel.

Challenger1978 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Have you had a digital ariel installed? i had to have one fitted last week for my bedroom, having sky obviously means you don't need one but i guess you still have the old analogue ariel.

You've just been ripped off there's no such things as a digital aerial.

Is that right skippy, try googling it, await your response.........

Aerial Type
Is there such a thing as a digital aerial? Well, contentious question with some. An aerial that will give you the best chance of receiving a good digital tv signal is a Group W or wideband aerial (picks up channels 21-68) ideally one with a high gain and possibly with a mast head (i.e. at the aerial) mounted amplifier. Maplins sell an Extra Gain Wideband Aerial for £39.99 (as of June 2006).

Read more: Digital TV or Freeview Aerial Installation
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whatprice.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whatprice.co.uk</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.