No cheating - name these Maine Road legends

Great post. When I think of City it is that Mel Machin team that comes to mind first. I was not at Bradford for Morley's goal but remember vividly listening to it being scored. I loved Aguero's goal but Trev's meant more to me.
Been thinking about your comment all weekend.
I think Trevor Morleys goal does actually mean more to me than Augero's goal. I was there for both.
But that Bradford City away match, was the end of a long hard season
I'd been playing for City supporters club (Leicester and Rugby branch )all season , I think we went unbeaten ,it was a half decent team
We,d beaten their lot ( bantams)12 - 1 on a boggy West Yorkshire pitch, I'd scored,
Got joint City supporter of the year trophy straight after the match, I'd missed very few games that season travelling from Notts to Maine rd and further afield Inc Ipswich...

Once our supporters club match was out the way, I could do concentrate on City getting promoted. Lots of nerves really kicking in now. Had seats in their Main stand ,kept it down all match til Trev scored.
Ran on the pitch to celebrate which was easy from their Main stand , (away end was basically a cage!) If Tricky Trev hadn't scored that goal at the far post, the whole day would have been ruined, ..and there would be no 5- 1 Maine rd Massacre. Morleys finish against Bradford city was very similar to the one he scored v utd 5- 1, putting himself in their.. in the 6 yard box,brave,and jabbing the ball from the left, into the net.
Untidy as it was, it definitely meant more to me than Sergios effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.