No defenders on posts at corners.

BlueAnorak

Does my head in. Needless goal conceded today.
Should always have a defender on the far post at least, preferably both.

Cant remember which game it was but not having defenders on the post saved us a goal due it being offside. So it works both ways.

I have a bigger problem with our corners at the other end.

If you have defenders on the post it is far harder to push out the defensive line, which we seem to be trained to do extremely quickly, and you've also sacrificed two players who could potentially break forward on a counter attack.

I'm happy with our defensive corners personally.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Cant remember which game it was but not having defenders on the post saved us a goal due it being offside. So it works both ways.

I have a bigger problem with our corners at the other end.

We might as well have a fuckin' throwin as a corner. Or just let the oppo have a goal kick! Complete waste of a decent set piece. Even when we have Dzeko, VK, The Mangler and Demichelis prancing round the penalty area, it's still a shite one!

It's one of those things that looks like a good idea because you don't see the downside. The reality is that if you have two players on the posts then that's two players who aren't marking people, or on the edge of the area picking up the scraps, or still up front threatening to counter. Pretty sure all the stats show that it's better not to have people on the posts, it's just impossible to show examples of the benefit as it's not as visual as the one or two times a season someone might head it off the post.

We've conceded the fewest goals from set plays in the league so I'll trust the manager on this one.

So our defending from corners is instantly a problem now we have conceded from one?

We are 90% normally very good at defending corners and normally get the first touch on a corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.