No problem if Newcastle beat us and ...

oakiecokie

OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?

No.

I'd prefer the Geordies to qualify out of the 3, but not at the expense of a City win.

If we had nothing to lose, and nothing to win... then for the possibility of Chelsea, or God willing SPUDS, missing out on the Champions League, then I wouldn't "begrudge" them a win.

Not like I'd be cheering them on or anything though.

Anyone who ever wants city to get beat is a dick and shouldn't ever be allowed in to our ground again

117 M34 said:
Anyone who ever wants city to get beat is a dick and shouldn't ever be allowed in to our ground again

No one would want us to lose, but under those circumstances, it would be less difficult to take.

oakiecokie said:
OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?

Yes, I could, though I will always want City to win and would never cheer another team against us.

I would love 'Castle to claim the fourth CL spot ahead of two of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, though I think Arsenal will probably get one of them.

It would be hilarious to see Spurs and Redknapp miss out after the media love-in for them all season long and as the OP put, Chelsea missing out would deprive them of millions for squad strengthening, now that FFPR is supposedly coming in.

I'd love the toon to get a top 4 spot but not at the expense of losing to them.

Newcastle deserve a CL place.

They have been excellent this season, with a first class manager who has got his players playing as a team.

Credit where credit's due.

Don't want them to beat us though...:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.