No problem if Newcastle beat us and ...

I'd never advocate us losing a game, but it would enhance our chances of being in pot 2 of the champions League groups if Chelsea and possibly Spuds didn't finish in the top 4. We need to avoid another group of death next year.

Then again, we'll probably pull Juve from pot 3 anyway.

All depends on how many games we can win in April ........ if we win all four it could make the Newcastle fixture very interesting indeed , and hugely important for both City and Newcastle ..... but as much as it depends on our own form rapidly improving , it would also depend on the rags form rapidly deteriorating.

Quite simply, no. 6 wins out of 6 has to be what we aim for. The title might be over but we at least want to end the season on as big a high as possible and take momentum into the next season. Not in the mood for giving away any more points to anyone.

oakiecokie said:
OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?
Disgusting sentiment.

Zardon132 said:
oakiecokie said:
OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?
Disgusting sentiment.

Why ? Have I said I wanted City to lose ??

Like Villa away in the 90's, Keith Curle pen. City lose, its never good. Would be good for Newcastle to do it though.

matrix said:
Give the kids a run out!

Would love to see harrys face if that happened<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 pm --<br /><br />
cityboy5 said:
I would prefer chelsea and Newcastle to qualify .

Can't stand Arsenal so would also like chelsea and Newcastle. But as it stands and arsenal make top 4 i would love to see ashley Cole Thursday night channel 5

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
A very good post imo

I would love them to beat chelsea to 4th, that would almost certainly eliminate them as competition for signings in the summer.

Big yes from me

Very good point this.

Should Newcastle get fourth they'll go for the top-end of their 'moneyball' strategy targets which - with all due respect to them - will be a level below the calibre of player we're after.

Arsenal are hardly going to be putting up big money and the only area United will be competing with us in the market is for a top quality CM.

Effectively that leaves us as the only British option for Cavani and Hazard.

Do I want us to lose to the barcodes though? No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.