No Training Today?

A A

Anonymous

NDJ just tweeted he's at the airport on his way to Amsterdam. Are the players not normally training on a Monday?

just posted this somewhere else, but surely he's not given them another couple of days off after saturday ?

There was me thinking the lads have got the day off away from the training pitch to rest and instead this morning have a team meeting analysing their performance from Saturday and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the Arsenal team for this weekends game.

Poor.

We next play Sunday ,I think it would be crazy to think they should train every day from now till then.The only question would be what/which days they have off.Monday would have been most likely and maybe Tuesday as well, still leaving 3 or 4 days of full training to get things ready for a big game like Arsenal.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
We next play Sunday ,I think it would be crazy to think they should train every day from now till then.The only question would be what/which days they have off.Monday would have been most likely and maybe Tuesday as well, still leaving 3 or 4 days of full training to get things ready for a big game like Arsenal.

Considering the amount of points we've dropped in the last month, and generally how poor we've been, you'd think more training not less training was the order of the day. Not necessarily hard physical work, but analysing where we are going wrong, working with individual players on how they can overcome problems on the pitch. Fuck, I don't know. I just find it pretty amazing that after last week's little holiday, they're off again. No doubt Mancini fucked off back to Italy after Saturday's match for a little R&R of his own.

shootmeifipost10k said:
Come on Billy is there really any need for another Mancini bashing thread.

It's really not that difficult to criticise him for giving the players time off when last week's time off was followed by Saturday's inept performance. We were tactically all over the shop on Saturday. As I say, I'd expect more training not less with Arsenal coming up at the weekend. I'd expect a fucking siege mentality with Mancini calling the players in and having a post mortem on why things are going to badly wrong at the minute. I'd expect extra work on midfield and forward movement. Extra work on team shape.

We lose to Arsenal and what was a blip will have turned into an unmitigated disaster, and I get the impression that no one is really that arsed because .... well, we're second. Fair enough. I'm going to hold the manager/players to higher standards than that, as I suspect will the owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.