No Training Today?

If it's not responsible for our loss of form it sure as hell isn't helping. Some of our poorest displays have been when they have been away from the UK during the week. Swansea and last Saturday spring to mind. Maybe the players and managment know something we don't.

shootmeifipost10k said:
Come on Billy is there really any need for another Mancini bashing thread.

i do think he makes a good point though. if we don't win on sunday, the season is over. they should be looking at there performance on saturday, and study arsenal intensely if they're not doing physical work. especially after the excuse about not being prepared properly has been used in the past. i'm not sure one day would makes too much difference personally, but if we don't win on sunday, you can be sure people will use this against the manager

It is normal for players to have a day off soon after a game. People appear to be looking to criticise Mancini even when he is not at fault.

I must admit that I'm not entirely comfortable with the management and players leaving the country at every possible opportunity. I don't begrudge them their time off, of course, but I'd like them to be properly resting at home if they're not training.

bluedan said:
There was me thinking the lads have got the day off away from the training pitch to rest and instead this morning have a team meeting analysing their performance from Saturday and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the Arsenal team for this weekends game.

Poor.

You're not the manager. Poor.

Dubai Blue said:
I must admit that I'm not entirely comfortable with the management and players leaving the country at every possible opportunity. I don't begrudge them their time off, of course, but I'd like them to be properly resting at home if they're not training.

You'd think surely after Mario's performance last week at the Inter press conference, the first thing to change would be rules on fucking off into Europe at every given opportunity. Those rules do exist at other clubs, I know that for a fact. Hell, some clubs don't allow their players to go down to London on their days off without prior consent of the management.

BillyShears said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
Come on Billy is there really any need for another Mancini bashing thread.

It's really not that difficult to criticise him for giving the players time off when last week's time off was followed by Saturday's inept performance. We were tactically all over the shop on Saturday. As I say, I'd expect more training not less with Arsenal coming up at the weekend. I'd expect a fucking siege mentality with Mancini calling the players in and having a post mortem on why things are going to badly wrong at the minute. I'd expect extra work on midfield and forward movement. Extra work on team shape.

We lose to Arsenal and what was a blip will have turned into an unmitigated disaster, and I get the impression that no one is really that arsed because .... well, we're second. Fair enough. I'm going to hold the manager/players to higher standards than that, as I suspect will the owners.

I'm not going to argue with you about it because the reasons for and against having a day off both have equal merit.
But my stance on you wanting to turn this into a Mancini bashing thread still stands.
The next game as not even been played and you have already had a go have you not ?
What will you say if come the Arsenal game we beat them and look fresh and back to our earlier form I'll guess probably nothing and hope this thread falls off the page.
Your daily stance is admirable if nothing else.

shootmeifipost10k said:
I'm not going to argue with you about it because the reasons for and against having a day off both have equal merit.

Agreed.

But my stance on you wanting to turn this into a Mancini bashing thread still stands.

He's the manager and is not immune from criticism.

The next game as not even been played and you have already had a go have you not ?

I asked the question last week when they got two days off. And everyone said "it's only Sunderland on Saturday". Look at how that turned out.

What will you say if come the Arsenal game we beat them and look fresh and back to our earlier form I'll guess probably nothing and hope this thread falls off the page.

Not at all. I'm not afraid of admitting I'm wrong. I'll be the first one to praise Mancini if we beat Arsenal on Sunday. The post will of course be roundly ignored by those who think I've got an agenda.

Your daily stance is admirable if nothing else.

You just made the point I was making above. My "stance" is wanting the best for City. It seems more and more that a lot of people on this forum want what's best for Mancini. Very odd.

That's just poor. I don't like this jetting off to wherever for a day one bit, especially considering the form we're in, its just unprofessional, at this time of the year where there is everything to play for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.