On This Day 6th May 2019:"No Vinny,Don't Shoot"

I remember watching this on TV and just getting more and more frustrated.

Then came one of the few times I've genuinely screamed out loud at my TV.

Also, a small detail about this goal that I love. On the reverse angle, there's a man who has already headed for the exit and is stood at the top of the stairs with his back turned. Imagine missing this goal of all goals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506_085834_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_085834_YouTube.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 35
It was one of those ‘I was there’ moments on a night of almost unbearable tension at the Etihad.

Vincent Kompany’s stunning long-range goal was enough to put City within one win of the Premier League title.

The captain broke down a dangerous and stubborn Leicester with a shot on 73 minutes to put the Blues within touching distance of defending the crown won in a canter the season before.

Could see it flying in from my seat in SS3

From where we were sat it looked like it was in slow motion then everyone exploded around us, it was a proper frustrating game until that point.
Looking back you realise it was the last great title winning goal we could all celebrate euphorically together before VAR changed the game forever.

Thanks for posting. Her immediate reaction was a dead giveaway and simply priceless before she recovered herself and put on the false cheesy grin.
Manchester City- destroyers of hearts, minds and dreams.
CTID
That clip tells you al you need to know about the BBCs attitude to City. So many of their sports staff are incapable of being impartial. Can you imagine how they behave in private towards our club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.