Nobel Physicists

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

There's bound to be one lurking on this forum. I have a query! I rode my electric bike to Hebden Bridge yesterday in order to deposit used Tassimo coffee pods at the RSPCA charity shop. After marvelling at the new tarmacadam surface on the way into Todmorden my motor starting cutting out, and continued to cut out whenever I switched the fucking (scientific term) thing back on again. After a pleasant latte at The Watergate Cafe the same thing occurred until I reached Gordon Riggs garden centre on the way back. For those unfamiliar with the technology of a Tassimo coffee machine the pods are plastic with an aluminium top. I had a substantial cargo - rear basket stuffed, two rear panniers loaded. I wonder if the aluminium 'shroud' had 'confused' the electric transmission - in much the same way that aircraft squirt out 'chaff' when there's a nasty missile chasing its arse. Or is it that my electric bike doesn't like going to Yorkshire?

i'm no Sheldon Cooper but I don't believe the majority of electric bikes use a radar guidance system, so are unlikely to be affected by a profusion of aluminium (coffee stained or otherwise) in the same manner a SAM missile.

It is of course highly likely your selected transport has an in-built dislike of Yorkshire (all them hills, funny accents and such), but I suspect it's more likely your bike is fooked (technical term), possibly over-heating (again, hills) or a loose connection

Hope this helps but don't really expect it too

i'm no Sheldon Cooper but I don't believe the majority of electric bikes use a radar guidance system, so are unlikely to be affected by a profusion of aluminium (coffee stained or otherwise) in the same manner a SAM missile.

It is of course highly likely your selected transport has an in-built dislike of Yorkshire (all them hills, funny accents and such), but I suspect it's more likely your bike is fooked (technical term), possibly over-heating (again, hills) or a loose connection

Hope this helps but don't really expect it too

Throughout the return I was thinking loose connection but for last couple of miles it was riding normally! It's an odd 'un! Time to call in the Bike Man!

There's bound to be one lurking on this forum. I have a query! I rode my electric bike to Hebden Bridge yesterday in order to deposit used Tassimo coffee pods at the RSPCA charity shop. After marvelling at the new tarmacadam surface on the way into Todmorden my motor starting cutting out, and continued to cut out whenever I switched the fucking (scientific term) thing back on again. After a pleasant latte at The Watergate Cafe the same thing occurred until I reached Gordon Riggs garden centre on the way back. For those unfamiliar with the technology of a Tassimo coffee machine the pods are plastic with an aluminium top. I had a substantial cargo - rear basket stuffed, two rear panniers loaded. I wonder if the aluminium 'shroud' had 'confused' the electric transmission - in much the same way that aircraft squirt out 'chaff' when there's a nasty missile chasing its arse. Or is it that my electric bike doesn't like going to Yorkshire?

I hope the pods are turned into medals and you are given one for heroic recycling efforts. Well done young man!

Errrrr?...Yeah.

ieixzsoywstgatyqnzo6.jpg

The problem you have is once you go into Yorkshire everything goes back in time by a minimum of 50 years, this is before the technology that powers your bike was invented and makes it redundant. Top tip, stay the fuck out of Yorkshire. Hope this helps.

People should only ride bicycles within the confines of their own garden, this will keep them & pedestrians safe and save us car drivers a whole world of drama avoiding them, cursing them and doubting their parenthood...!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.