Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Royal Oak, MI 3/31/12

MotownBlue

Seeing The Chief tonight. Irritated at this morning's result. Our Kid and I went to get a pint and the guy in front of me while I waited in line had a Rooney jersey on. Here in the US, Blues are rare.

My phone then buzzed. It was my brother next to me saying:

Noel's mate Scully was lurking around outside, apparently. Wish I could have seen him and said "Shit morning, eh Scully?":

Hoping for a good show and wishing for a little Blue company in this crowd...

CTID

ethan23 said:
am i the only one who has absolutely no idea what this thread is about?

Probably.
He is watching Noel Gallagher at Royal Oak, Michigan, USA tonight. The American's use the month / date / year in their calendars rather than 31/3/12 used in Blighty.

He was in the bar and some twat has a Rooney shirt on. Scully - Noel's mate - was outside and he wished he had seen him to chat about the Sunderland game.

welcometomanchester said:
Some people really will make a thread about anything.

Wow, didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. I had seen many posts and threads about Noel's UK shows and as a fan I had really enjoyed reading people's thoughts on the gigs. I simply intended to come back on here later and say what the show was like. Certainly didn't meant to ruin anyone's day with my thread in an OFF TOPIC section of a Manchester City fan site by posting about the one person who is likely more responsible for people in the USA knowing about City than anyone else besides his brother Liam.

But then, I'm sure many Brits on here couldn't be arsed about Americans who follow City and likely don't like Noel or Liam either. I get it. I get it...

Show was amazing last night and Noel seemed in good voice and good form. Setlist was a great mix of Oasis tunes and new songs by High Flying Birds.

I did end up bumping into Noel's mate Scully after the gig. I said hello an asked:

"Is it over?"

He looked at me quizzically and said yes. Then I said

"So if them lot get three points on Monday, pack it in, eh?"

and he said

"OH THE TEAM, MATE!!! No, it's not over at all yet".

And then he relaxed and we had a good chat about City for a bit until the ushers made us move on. He looked stunned at the reality of some 6'4" tall American who could actually chat about City and knew what was happening in detail.

Brilliant.

MotownBlue said:
welcometomanchester said:
Some people really will make a thread about anything.

Wow, didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. I had seen many posts and threads about Noel's UK shows and as a fan I had really enjoyed reading people's thoughts on the gigs. I simply intended to come back on here later and say what the show was like. Certainly didn't meant to ruin anyone's day with my thread in an OFF TOPIC section of a Manchester City fan site by posting about the one person who is likely more responsible for people in the USA knowing about City than anyone else besides his brother Liam.

But then, I'm sure many Brits on here couldn't be arsed about Americans who follow City and likely don't like Noel or Liam either. I get it. I get it...

Show was amazing last night and Noel seemed in good voice and good form. Setlist was a great mix of Oasis tunes and new songs by High Flying Birds.

I did end up bumping into Noel's mate Scully after the gig. I said hello an asked:

"Is it over?"

He looked at me quizzically and said yes. Then I said

"So if them lot get three points on Monday, pack it in, eh?"

and he said

"OH THE TEAM, MATE!!! No, it's not over at all yet".

And then he relaxed and we had a good chat about City for a bit until the ushers made us move on. He looked stunned at the reality of some 6'4" tall American who could actually chat about City and knew what was happening in detail.

Brilliant.

bigbird-1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.