Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched him playing for Spain in the Euros wanting to be impressed knowing we'd signed him but felt less than lukewarm. These 3 league games so far for City, he has started very well indeed, if he maintains this standard he's already hit, he'll prove a bargain.

Delighted with his competitive spirit & technical ability.

He will also pass knowledge on to other wide/forward players.

Great signing.

Looking at him for the Derby, Nolito to score anytime is a Banker in my book, won't go for first or the seventh but just anytime ;)
I really like this post.
I rarely bet but I'm gonna have flutter on The Lurker to score at ot.first goal.that Mario pin drop moment....when the Stretford end realised they were being outclassed..hush...

but i don't think he'll play too many big games when everyone is fit as he's too easily nullified by top teams

Nolito was more than good enough to held on his own against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid, Villarreal and other top teams in Spain.

And let's be real, the Spanish top teams are waaay better compared to their English counterparts so I doubt Nolito would somehow struggle in the top games in PL.

Will fade in winter

Why?

If only he had a left foot, he'd be world class. Has everything else.

So you think Messi & Arjen Robben aren't world class for examples?

He is one of those players who should be shit but isn't

Miles better player than I, for one, thought he would be. Fantastic ball retention and link-up play

Why did you expect he'd be shit?

Nolito has been great for Benfica, Granada and Celta Vigo before he joined.

He's one of the absolute best players in the world....

Let me guess; You didn't knew about the Spaniard at all and thus making this post?

He's a bit like Negredo and Silva morphed into one...although not as beast like and not as magical as Silva. (...) Hugely suited to the English style of play as well. He's a double figure goal and assist man.

Wait what?

Nolito is better than Silva of course...

And waaay many Spanish players have been more than capable enough to fit into Premier League right away.

Nolito is nothing but pure class, was expecting him to be in that category from my previous sentence...

An astute signing who is going below many people's radar. If he'd cost double, he'd get more attention.

Nolito doesn't really have the so called "status" in the same regard as others "signings" in PL.

Not because the Spaniard was average or so (he's one of the best players in the world at Celta), but rather because he played for a lesser known club like Celta. It's obviously much easier to gain attention if he played for either Madrid or Barca, thus having the high status from the English-Speaking-World.

For a tad under 14m, he could turn out to be the bargain of the summer.

Was already considered to be a fucking bargin before he joined Manchester City.

How many world class players like Nolito cost under 14m?

Watched him playing for Spain in the Euros wanting to be impressed knowing we'd signed him but felt less than lukewarm. These 3 league games so far for City, he has started very well indeed, if he maintains this standard he's already hit, he'll prove a bargain.

If you wanted to be impressed about Nolito, then you should've followed highlights of his performances at Celta or in previous clubs. Or watching full Celta matches from last season if you're interested (which I doubt you're actually).

To say something like "if he maintains this standard" is nothing but bullocks, we're talking about one of the absolute best left winger in the world...

Would you say something like that to Bravo? Or Gundogan? Or other PL-signings like Zlatan, Pogba, Kanté and so on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.