Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently £3m is the figure being bandied about. So approx a £10m loss on the transfer fee in a single season. Absolutely terrible piece of business.
BBC saying that hes earning £100k a week too. Surely can't be that high? If so, its no wonder we have to loan players or sell them for extremely low fees.

Well £3.4m is better than having to loan him out I guess.

BBC saying that hes earning £100k a week too. Surely can't be that high? If so, its no wonder we have to loan players or sell them for extremely low fees.

Well £3.4m is better than having to loan him out I guess.

The BBC told us for years that Saville wasnt a peado and that ended well for them!

Its City bingo where they pick a number and treble it, add 10% and then publish it as fact.

What's the point of buying such mediocre players like Nolito and pay 100k a week? I'd rather give a chance to our academy players.

Shocker.

Buy a bang average 29 year old player for a stupidly inflated fee and wages then have those wages prove a stumbling block when having to shop him about for a loss.

It's almost as if people saw it at the time but that couldn't be because the club never does silly things.

Shocker.

Buy a bang average 29 year old player for a stupidly inflated fee and wages then have those wages prove a stumbling block when having to shop him about for a loss.

It's almost as if people saw it at the time but that couldn't be because the club never does silly things.

He wasn't bang average though...he was one of our best players until his red card suspension about 15 games in, had about 5 goals and 5 assists, at which point Pep dropped him like a stone and never gave him the time of day again.

It seems pretty clear that something has happened behind the scenes, which is not something anyone could have predicted at the time of his purchase.

To be honest we could really have used him in some games, like the Stoke 0-0 or when Sterling and Sané were visibly exhausted a couple of weeks ago.

Think it's a tad disrespectful to describe any Spanish internationalist as 'mediocre' or 'bang average'. He was playing well in a settled side, but his misdemeanour against Bournemouth cost him dearly, though obviously not financially if the quoted wages are accurate.

He wasn't bang average though...he was one of our best players until his red card suspension about 15 games in, had about 5 goals and 5 assists, at which point Pep dropped him like a stone and never gave him the time of day again.

It seems pretty clear that something has happened behind the scenes, which is not something anyone could have predicted at the time of his purchase.

To be honest we could really have used him in some games, like the Stoke 0-0 or when Sterling and Sané were visibly exhausted a couple of weeks ago.
This all day long. Last summer Barca reportedly came calling and he decided to try the PL - sometimes a signing doesn't work out, although I'm with you something has happened and it has been odd to see him not used in the second half of the season. We also don't really know the figures involved, maybe that the original fee was based on appearances so if the club are happy with the Betis deal then that's ok.

Think it's a tad disrespectful to describe any Spanish internationalist as 'mediocre' or 'bang average'. He was playing well in a settled side, but his misdemeanour against Bournemouth cost him dearly, though obviously not financially if the quoted wages are accurate.
Why?

Yacob is an Argentinian international and goal scorer and he's utter wank.

Pretty sure Nolito hasn't been a part of any of Spain's trophies, what makes his caps for them special to anyone else's?

Why?

Yacob is an Argentinian international and goal scorer and he's utter wank.

Pretty sure Nolito hasn't been a part of any of Spain's trophies, what makes his caps for them special to anyone else's?

Suppose it's all relative and leaves me wondering how we would describe some of our previous players if Nolito's deemed mediocre and bang average. Not sure you need to win trophies to be respected for being an international player.

As for Yacob, I find that one hard to disagree with, though if you ever want a player to commit multiple fouls and get a booking, he's your man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.