Non-Fungible Token artwork from City celebrating Champ1ons

You're welcome, it's another world, but I hope that explains it well enough.

Regarding City's NFT. Think of it like investing in football programmes or those crappy Westminster Coins, painted plates advertised in the Newspaper (as Viz once mocked a painted plate depicting Jesus Christ as Cats). They'll almost certainly be worth a lot less than you paid for them in 20-30 years time. Some might be valuable though. So only buy them if you like them and like looking at them, because that's the only value you'll get.

That said if City have 200m fans in 30 years around the world, a small proportion will want the first ever City NFT and then they might be worth something.

Okay here goes:

The blockchain is a database, but rather than being stored on a server like this website, it is stored by the users, and there are clever techniques to ensure it can't be corrupted. So think of it as you are users of this website, a bit of it is stored on your computer or smartphone for others to use. The advantage of this is that you don't have to pay for servers, back ups etc and theoretically it is more secure, so a lot cheaper to run.

The first blockchain was a made up currency called BitCoin, but there are thousands of blockchains now. Some are just currencies others are more than that.

Ethereum & Polka/Dot allow you to build your own applications. For Example

Socios.com is built using Ethereum, it is an App for sports fans to vote on club issues. City are on it.

TRX is yet to be launched, but will allow you to spend any of these currencies where you see Mastercard/Visa signs.

There are games like Alice and Alien worlds being developed which are a bit like Minecraft and World of Warcraft.

NFTs are concepts at the moment, but will be some sort of proof of ownership like a trademark, copyright etc. which is independent of state ownership.

So blockchains are capable of replacing a lot of servers, cutting costs on anything we do online.

When people say NFTs and BitCoin are Pyramid schemes, to some extent they are right, because that's driving the investment. However, there is real value in this technology in the next 5-10 years.

So it's the next generation of the Internet, that thing you all couldn't see the point of 25 years ago, which was never thing to catch on, e-commerce/Amazon was load of tripe, we'll never do that etc etc.

You'll have heard of mining, lots of people are paid a fraction of a BitCoin to run some complicated calculations to verify any changes to the block. This is called PoW and uses a lot of electricity. PoS is an alternative where the calculations are much simpler ie use a lot less electricity, but you need to deposit a lot of money to be trusted to do these (Ethereum is circa £30k-60k, but it varies a lot), which you will forfeit if you cheat. All blockchains are likely to move to PoS or die out.

I think that covers everything.
Have you seen or heard about the NBA one I mentioned above? If so, what do you think of it?

Some hipster fad money for nothing shit. Reminds me of the MUFC Opus.
Hay Corky. A rag I knew had far too much money back in the day and bought said pretentious publication, signed by Pisscan and the baldy tout to boot.His three year old daughter used it as a colouring book. He was not pleased. He made the mistake of telling us in the pub and had the piss ripped out of him for months.

Have you seen or heard about the NBA one I mentioned above? If so, what do you think of it?
I hadn't but I just watched the video on this page to get an idea:

It all makes sense.

I just glanced at my bookshelf, on it I've got a dozen or so books on City, a few on football in general, City DVDs, some CDs and a packet of Match Attax cards (a bit like bubble gum cards but with stats so you can play top trumps with them).

I own all that stuff I enjoy looking at it, watching it, reading it etc

I could have it all digitised on an app my phone, to look at wherever I am. If my house burns down and I'm living on the streets (like the mean dude I am), I can just flick open the App and read a bit of Paul Lake's Autobiography, watch Dickov score that goal etc.

Obviously, almost all those things you can find online, but some you can't, they're unique to me.

So I get it from that perspective.

Also you could present the Aguero or Dickov goals as videos, with a load of relevant stats, change the view (like they do when they spin it round on sky) and why each goal was so important and turn it into something unique, which is what NBA Topshots is doing with their NBA Moments.

People in the developing world, often don't have many possessions, or places to store them but they have smart phones. So I'm sure there is a market for something similar.

This whole blockchain world is endless and once you start looking, some of the things amaze you. You can be at it for hours.

I really ought to do some work now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.