Non-Halal Indian Restaurants

Why Always Ste

Know of any decent Sikh/Hindu Indian restaurants around Greater Manchester?

No preference on my part, I'll eat at most places however a friend of ours is Hindu and she's coming up soon, so would like to take them out somewhere.
Most Indians around my way are Halal /Muslim.

The Copper Pot on Sandbrook Park, Rochdale Just at the end of the M621 ..... openly advertises as non halal, run by Indians, and is an absolutely superb modern restaurant top food too.

Dilshad on Holllinwood Ave (new Moston) was also. Not been in for years, but again great food, if a dated place ... think flock wallpaper etc.

Last edited:
Sindhoor in Whitefield is South Indian so unlikely to be Halal. But I'm confused here. Just why would a Hindu care if a restaurant was Halal or Muslim owned?
In my experience it's because the "Indian restaurants" that are really Bangladeshi use too much oil for the Hindu Indians (check next time you go for curry and maybe you'll see oil on the surface). Or maybe just prefer callously slaughtered pork vindaloo.

Sindhoor in Whitefield is South Indian so unlikely to be Halal. But I'm confused here. Just why would a Hindu care if a restaurant was Halal or Muslim owned?
I'd always prefer non-Halal based solely on the method of slaughter.

Not that I actually have a choice anymore.

Sikhs and Hindus don't eat meat. So don't understand the need for halal or non-halal. Maybe they don't wanna eat at a Bengali place. Different story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.