North Stand Construction Discussion

You can spin it all you want. The second tier regularly don’t sing and its clearly different from say level 1 or 3. It could also mean lots of fans will be priced out - lots of younger fans and people on lower incomes who can’t afford ss2 for instance.

You shouldn’t have to justify it. There simply shouldn’t be any corporate or hospitality at the front of a home end!

The front of a home end should arguably be the loudest and most atmospheric section. The current plans mean that’s not going to happen
Spin? I am not spinning anything and if you think you are going to fill those seats week in week out with "singers" think again, ain't happening, the game has moved on and changed.

Tourists, casuals call it what you want but that's become modern football, I don't like it but if you want a club competing for the major titles, with elite players and management, tourists, casuals and corporate it has to be.

The club, directors, and people at City involved with the North stand expansion have been reading this thread form day one. They all know what the fans wanted. They’ve ignored us. Regardless if Kevin Parker, all the OSC’s (which won’t happen as they’re too affiliated to the club), and the fans groups came together and raised the hospitality issue, the club still wouldn’t change the plans. The club will go ahead with what they’ve proposed including the hospitality section at the front of NSL2.

TBH I’m not arsed now as I’m not moving from SSL1. I think that will go for a lot of fans in the singing sections once the information starts filtering out about what the North stand expansion is really like.
@jrb I'm a great admirer of you and your input into this thread. The 1894 group similarly with their matchday efforts and tireless crusade to improve the atmosphere.

I'm very surprised that you've waved the white flag so early and accepted defeat without putting up a fight. Our City was built on anti-establishment ideals, workers rights, the common man front of centre.

There are plenty of Blues in other areas of the ground who would join this fight. We've got a "group" of maybe 50-odd long term SC holders/friends who straddle the 117 aisle between 116/117 and it wouldn't take much to mobilise our group to take on the club over this issue. I'd be more than happy to petition the club and gain 100's of signatories from our area. Get another block to do the same, then another, before you know it we could have the whole of the South Stand signed up.

The club would have to take notice, because I'll tell you now, there is no way any of our group would consider relocating to the North Stand if its an unholy mix of hospitality and GA.

Time to take a stand me thinks (pun intended).

I think the practical solution here is to do a hospitality tie-up with the Palace Theatre, so that only people who have been ejected for singing along to The Bodyguard are allowed to buy tickets for the hugely-offensive 600 seat bloc of seats in the new stand.

Or perhaps some self-appointed fan spokesperson can vet the fans in the hospitality section (again, 600 out of c9,000 new seats) for their singing, and arrange their seating for maximum effect. Top tenor at the front, bass towards the back, and so on. Anybody who doesn’t sing and jump up and down for 90 minutes like one of those juvenile dickheads behind the goal at Crystal Palace can forget it, frankly.

Either way I’m sure the club will be delighted to receive a load of criticism for investing another 300m pound and creating hundreds of jobs in what was, truth be told, a sadly neglected and struggling bit of Manchester. They’d doubtless be even happier if the self-appointed spokesperson starts a media campaign against the 300m investment, particularly at the current crucial stage of the season, as the media coverage would surely be both balanced in nature and an overall positive for the club and its owners.
Brilliant , love you thinking, I would be on the phone to Ferran straightaway.

You're just a moaning fucker though, I pity your wife/partner
No, you just don’t understand what a forum is nor what happens when plans (for anything) are revealed nor that people don’t have to like something (whether it’s certain tactics in a game, the performance of some players even when we’ve won or architectural designs).

Just like where I’ve pulled you up in the past, in these last few posts, you could have had a proper conversation with me and told me what it is you like about the designs, why you think the hospitality areas won’t affect NSL2 being a vocal stand and where you think the shallowness of NSL2 won’t mean the back of the stand will be miles away from the pitch… but yet again you just came out with your favourite line ‘get a fucking grip’ and haven’t offered an opinion of your own and displayed the fact you’ve got no real debate in you.

I would assume the type of City fan that goes into a hospitality section on a regular basis is generally older, well off, and goes to sit down and to watch the match?(stand corrected on that)
There seems to be an insinuation that people who are a bit older and/or better off are less likely to contribute to the atmosphere than younger, less well off people. I'm not convinced that is the case at all.

I'm sure there are many blues that would be happy to be a part of the new stand and sing their hearts out but would also like the convenience/comfort of the premium seating option. 600 out of 9000 seems fair enough to me.

There was never going to be a reduction in premium/hospitality seats, and the boxes at the back of NSL2 are being lost.

Row 12 being accessible should be applauded, you never now when you might need it. The extension was always going to dilute the so called singers, just as the last time the club introduced a singing section in 111, and then made most of the 3rd tier a lot cheaper. This new tier won't be undercutting SS prices just to get people to relocate, if there wasn't demand from non-ST holders it wouldn't be built.

If there are dedicated singing blocks in NS2 it should be focused on a central 1or 2k, expecting 8k is ridiculous.

@jrb I'm a great admirer of you and your input into this thread. The 1894 group similarly with their matchday efforts and tireless crusade to improve the atmosphere.

I'm very surprised that you've waved the white flag so early and accepted defeat without putting up a fight. Our City was built on anti-establishment ideals, workers rights, the common man front of centre.

There are plenty of Blues in other areas of the ground who would join this fight. We've got a "group" of maybe 50-odd long term SC holders/friends who straddle the 117 aisle between 116/117 and it wouldn't take much to mobilise our group to take on the club over this issue. I'd be more than happy to petition the club and gain 100's of signatories from our area. Get another block to do the same, then another, before you know it we could have the whole of the South Stand signed up.

The club would have to take notice, because I'll tell you now, there is no way any of our group would consider relocating to the North Stand if its an unholy mix of hospitality and GA.

Time to take a stand me thinks (pun intended).
Thanks.

I’m happy to join any fight. And I’m sure 1894 are. (they will decide themselves)

Seeing as the club have known all along what the fans wanted, the club could have made that happen, instead they chose to go in a completely different direction and ignored what almost everyone had asked for and hoped for.

I said it yesterday. So did other people. Asking us to put forward our ideas and wishes for the NS expansion via the consultation process was nothing more than a box ticking exercise.

I don’t believe for 1 minute what we post on here, talk about amongst ourselves, etc, will make any difference whatsoever and change the minds of those people running the club and making the decisions.

In a way I could fully understand it if there were no other hospitality areas on L2. But there is 1 hospitality area at the back of L2, and there is another hospitality level outside the restaurant and bar above L2. So why is there a need to shoehorn a 3rd hospitality area 11 rows deep, with a capacity of 600 seats, at the front of L2?

The capacity of block 115, the official singing section, is roughly 700 seats. So that just shows how big the hospitality section will be with 600 seats. Do the club honestly think they will sell all those seats and fill them, with another hospitality area at the back of the stand, another hospitality area outside the bar and restaurant, and all the other hospitality areas around the ground?

I contacted Ian Cheesman, would anyone like to go on his podcast to discuss the matter @jrb @Manchester33 @Didsbury Dave.

He just sent me a msg

Would you or someone else like to come on my podcast via Zoom tomorrow night? at 7.30 pm

This is a way of getting this message out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.