North Stand Construction Discussion

Nobody is complaining about the £300mill investment. We’re all grateful for the continued investment Sheikh Mansour puts into the club and into East Manchester. Hence why we sing his name. :-)

The club also intimated to the fans that it wanted to build and create a proper and vocal home end. (with hospitality areas at the front and at the back of the stand ;-) )
To be fair all the hospitality at the top/ back make no difference to what the NS2 becomes. The only discusion is about the front 600.

Wembley is completely different especially for semi finals, those areas aren’t for the clubs involved. Not a comparison in any way to whats being suggested for the front of the NS.
Actually those having their Joes burger probably get back quicker than those in other blocks that are queuing for a beer or a pie.
I’ve sat in many blocks all over the ground and in all for the last 5 minutes before half time the first 5 of the second half and the last five minutes of the game I’m constantly up and down letting fans in and out of their seats.
Have a look at what the planning statement says for the COOP LIVE has apps for food and also apps for how to get trams etc. I don't know why the club are not using the same in the ground, the planning statement for the COOP live looks well thought through compared to the planning statement for the new North Stand where it does not look like a mishmash of ideas, the Club have said they want home end so why o why have they added this GA+ section to the front of the L2 they could easily have it next to the sky bar section.

Going forward there needs to be a board set up of fans as City Matters does not work, I emailed one of them the other week still nothing.

There is no way of talking to anyone except on here.

To get the supporters connected better we need to work harder, look at yesterday no way of speaking to the 1894 groups as there is no way of talking to them via socials

Twitter - No way of sending a message
Facebook - No way of sending a message on Facebook
No website - no email address

Look at this

If we all want the North Stand to work there needs to be joined-up thinking

Nobody is complaining about the £300mill investment. We’re all grateful for the continued investment Sheikh Mansour puts into the club and into East Manchester. Hence why we sing his name. :-)

The club also intimated to the fans that it wanted to build and create a proper and vocal home end. (with hospitality areas at the front and at the back of the stand ;-) )
I just can't wait for you to starting to posting pictures of the construction and see it taking shape, I now live on the other side of the world and your posts keep me in touch, and are much appreciated, same on your updates on the City of Manchester.

Have a look at what the planning statement says for the COOP LIVE has apps for food and also apps for how to get trams etc. I don't know why the club are not using the same in the ground, the planning statement for the COOP live looks well thought through compared to the planning statement for the new North Stand where it does not look like a mishmash of ideas, the Club have said they want home end so why o why have they added this GA+ section to the front of the L2 they could easily have it next to the sky bar section.

Going forward there needs to be a board set up of fans as City Matters does not work, I emailed one of them the other week still nothing.

There is no way of talking to anyone except on here.

To get the supporters connected better we need to work harder, look at yesterday no way of speaking to the 1894 groups as there is no way of talking to them via socials

Twitter - No way of sending a message
Facebook - No way of sending a message on Facebook
No website - no email address

Look at this

If we all want the North Stand to work there needs to be joined-up thinking
Because we don’t know what the club has decided those seats are yet, we dont even know yet if they will be seats or safe standing yet.
The plans are fluid so the club can decide now or in a years time exactly what-they will be.
For all we know they could be exactly the same as the rest of the standbut paying a few pounds more for access to their own bar. Many normal singing fans would pay a few quid more for that and to be at the front/middle.

Last edited:
If L2 is all seated, where are the singers going to go? Where is a requested singing block/section going to go? Not at the front, Hospitality. Not at the back, Hospitality. Not in the middle as standing won’t be permitted in a seated tier. At the sides maybe, where safe standing sections won’t interrupt the view of fans sitting? I‘m just thinking outloud.
Is it seated or safe standing ? that's the biggest issue

Let me put this on record.

I’ve met and spoken to Danny Wilson a few times. Going back quite a few years. There’s plenty to like about him. And I’ve got plenty of time for him.

I’m not singling Danny Wilson out as other directors will have been involved in the North stand expansion decision making. But the North stand expansion is pretty much his brief.

Part of the statement released by Danny Wilson on the OS states.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our fans and the local community for their participation in our recent consultation, not only for completing the questionnaire but sharing their detailed comments and feedback with us, all of which has been carefully reviewed and considered.

Much of that detailed comment and feedback which was carefully reviewed and ‘considered’ would have included such things as.

A vocal and passionate home end that we don’t currently have.(unlike the majority of other PL clubs)
A last chance to create the above.
Safe standing on L2.
A singing section/block on L2.
Affordable season tickets and match day tickets on L2.
Being able to hang banners and flags at the front of L2, as well as doing displays.
And all the other things like better bars, better food choices, better service, and whatever else people added. (you know what I mean)

So all of those comments and feedback relating to creating a proper home end, (also submitted by many people on BM), would have been looked at and taken into consideration.

I doubt very much, even though I could be wrong, that there was a single person who asked for a hospitality area to be placed at the front of L2.

Last edited:
I just can't wait for you to starting to posting pictures of the construction and see it taking shape, I now live on the other side of the world and your posts keep me in touch, and are much appreciated, same on your updates on the City of Manchester.

Thanks.

I‘ve now got a wide angle camera lens as well.

I would ask the club to let me take some update pictures from inside the ground every now and again on non match days, but after all my complaining about the proposed hospitality section at the front of L2,they would probably tell me to f*ck off! :-)

This is a massive own goal from the club, as many posters have said give the North Stand to the core support, you only have to have seen the game yesterday to see what GA+ sections are doing to football. Look at what Club Wembley has done , sorry tried to get a photo of the section.

Another thing having this section in the North Stand will play to the empty seats jibe that we get all the time as these 648 people will having there Joe's burger when the second half kicks off

View attachment 76184
Here are some pictures of our own hospitality area in the South Stand at the Etihad:

71F9A719-19ED-4096-A6D9-8D3D01E95258.jpeg

58957376-7D2F-4EF8-A54A-B5D0123DD6D6.jpeg

Look at the packed vocal area below it, then see the empty seats in the hospitality section above the score/time below and under ‘Etihad Stadium’.

This area is rarely full at the start of games so would ruin pre-match displays, it’s always half empty from about 35-55 minutes and is always one of the first areas to empty at the end of games.

I’ve also posted some of my own pictures of it a few pages ago.

Here’s another one, it’s actually full at the start of a game for once, but with only a handful of people bothering holding up their display cards.

3DE415B3-C5DB-4524-BAAA-8EBA9A22C550.jpeg

And this is the sort of thing they’re looking at putting at the front of what we thought was going to be a new special vocal stand. It’s simply not the right area for it and there are plenty of other areas they could put more hospitality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.