North Stand Construction Discussion

You're right of course, no-one is going to collapse in a heap because of what I feel will happen :)

There are two things that the club are doing in this area that I think are really underhand. Firstly, they will not say that the many people who have been waiting for the opportunity to buy a SC at some point have actually got any chance of ever getting more than a Silver version at best. Even worse, in my view, is that they won't say if those that had a full SC but went Silver as it was presented as a money saving option in difficult times will ever have the chance to revert back to Gold. Both are incredibly sneaky and blatant money grabbing tactics.

You can always stay at home

You can always stay at home
I'm a Gold SC member so it's not a moan because I'm affected. Having been a match going supporter since 1962-63 season I don't need advice from you as to whether I attend matches or not, thanks all the same. If you think that what the club are doing in relation to what I posted is perfectly fine then good for you. I don't.

I don't think it's unrealistic to think the club won't sell ANY new season cards even with the expansion.

We have a really high percentage of seasonticket holders at the Etihad. Compared to Anfield and Old Trafford as an example, they probably have fewer STs in bigger stadia.

The club can make significantly more money selling those tickets on a match by match basis along with the cost of a membership too.

I'm a Gold SC member so it's not a moan because I'm affected. Having been a match going supporter since 1962-63 season I don't need advice from you as to whether I attend matches or not, thanks all the same. If you think that what the club are doing in relation to what I posted is perfectly fine then good for you. I don't.

I feel lucky to have seen us play since 1974, the current situation is exceptional. I could say from 1964, but that would be factually inaccurate (although that's when I was conceived). If we increase the stadium to 85,000 those SC will appear in the 10,000. If I had a choice, that City would keep Pep for 15 more years better the rags EPL record and better the dippers CL record, but I couldn't attend a single match, but watch them online, or TV, I'd be a very happy camper.

I've seen them but not got them !!

The draft concept is
really quite simple.

Construct a fourth tier enveloping the east & west spirals to include
large Corporate and F&B concourses.

The plans I was shown indicated a capacity of 85000. Personally I thought it would've been higher.

Little or no additional ground required.

Smart.......and practical.

Dont shoot the messenger !!

Aghhh you sadist!

Aghhh you sadist!
They are really simple and easy to visualise.

East and West elevations extend out to encompass the spirals, rising above the current 3rd tier to create a 4 tier of around 23000 additional seats,corporate areas,F&B and a total capacity of 85000.

So efficient,we own the land,no disruption to match day operations, synchronises with overall plan and design.

It's smart !!

They are really simple and easy to visualise.

East and West elevations extend out to encompass the spirals, rising above the current 3rd tier to create a 4 tier of around 23000 additional seats, corporate areas,F&B and a total capacity of 85000.

So efficient, we own the land, no disruption to match day operations, synchronises with overall plan and design.

It's smart !!

Which is when IMB's SSC will come in big time.

I don't think it's unrealistic to think the club won't sell ANY new season cards even with the expansion.

We have a really high percentage of seasonticket holders at the Etihad. Compared to Anfield and Old Trafford as an example, they probably have fewer STs in bigger stadia.

The club can make significantly more money selling those tickets on a match by match basis along with the cost of a membership too.
I can see it happening too, but it would be a travesty if it did. Liverpool have low prices for kids and local postcodes, we don't. City refuses to acknowledge that it is operating in a working class - lower middle class city and that it has a responsibility when it comes to matchday ticket pricing and season ticket availability, not just for sentimentality's sake but for the long-term interest.

I can see it happening too, but it would be a travesty if it did. Liverpool have low prices for kids and local postcodes, we don't. City refuses to acknowledge that it is operating in a working class - lower middle class city and that it has a responsibility when it comes to matchday ticket pricing and season ticket availability, not just for sentimentality's sake but for the long-term interest.
Agree with you entirely.

It doesn't even need to be kids/locals... it should be fair prices for all fans that are subsidised by a few hospitality/corporate packages!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.