North Stand Construction Discussion

And that's just the start of things. People will rightly take issue, but the lower category games that are stuck on at 60 quid a ticket or re-sold by the club with hospitality, well how about a weekend deal including hotel, match ticket, hospitality and a VIP ticket to whatever gig is on? You'll get a number of people happy to wrap all of those things into their weekend and pay big money for it.

Might price out some of the old hard-core but the club will be raking it in with things like this. And this is just the start. The conference facility at the hotel will help turn the dial on the top hospitality offerings at the club as well. And a hotel on site will attract big businesses with big money to do corporate days. Hotel football and leaky roof or state of the art over at our place? We will be smashing the revenues.

Hopefully all coupled up with a genuine home end to ensure the traditional City fan is loving life as well.
City will provide the stand it's up to the fans to make it a a great home end.

Sorry, what I am trying to say is for the club to make extra money they need to create a DESTINATION and whilst I am not a Spurs fan what they have done that with their stadium is the way forward regarding the future of stadiums in the UK.

They are trying to make the stadium a place to go seven days a week instead of just match days which in return provides income so why do they have a skywalk and F1 drive?

Inside the stadium, they have an in-house brewery, goalline bars, quick-serving drinks, a market featuring different street food, and a proper home end in the stadium.

In City's case, they have seen what other teams like Real Madrid have done instead of spending billions on the stadium they have built the COOP Live arena.

They are developing the North Stand but it has a couple of issues that fans are allowed to speak about.

The club wants people to stay longer after games but you need to give them a reason to do that

The concourse etc needs to be upgraded in Etihad doing this has two benefits, it makes fans spend more money and also helps the transport issue the new Spurs Stadium has shown us how to do that.

The whole Collar Site needs to become a DESTINATION and this person on SSC some it up

View attachment 108672
I stayed close to the Spurs stadium for the recent match. The stadium is great but the surrounding area is a crime-ridden shanty town. There is nothing there other than the stadium. One of London’s worst gangland areas. The Etihad is close to the city-centre and the arena and hotel will be a game-changer.

I was looking at VIP access for the COOP events, just to see the prices. They are offering deals which include pre concert dining within the Etihad Stadium in the Corporate suites.
And there you have exhibit a ! For City fans willing to pay £300 for match ticket and lunch at Goucho - see a comparable Take That fan willing to pay £500 for a Take That ticket and meal in one of the corporate lounges at City.

So much reciprocal business opportunities between the stadium and arena by way of corporate areas - huge money maker for both. When the hotel and City Square opens even more so.

500k gig goers visiting the arena in June alone. Thats more than a third of the total number of supporters that attend football matches at the Etihad in a whole year - in one month !

With gigs, men’s football, women’s football, stadium gigs, you are getting figures close to 5million punters visiting every year.

With a hotel soon to be built and a covered square that sits between the stadium and arena, that is a proper 365 day a year operation.

I stayed close to the Spurs stadium for the recent match. The stadium is great but the surrounding area is a crime-ridden shanty town. There is nothing there other than the stadium. One of London’s worst gangland areas. The Etihad is close to the city-centre and the arena and hotel will be a game-changer.
Ahh, but Spurs have a go kart track. How cool is that. Quite how you get 60,000 people on a go kart track at once I'm not sure? Or is it just as it seems, a gimmick for the gullible?

Ahh, but Spurs have a go kart track. How cool is that. Quite how you get 60,000 people on a go kart track at once I'm not sure? Or is it just as it seems, a gimmick for the gullible?
Wouldn't say gimmick. Probably a very good Go Kart track, and for anyone living near the stadium a good venue. For most living anywhere else in London there will be nearer tracks. It probably makes a bit of money for them but as we can't build under the stadium the comparison seems a bit pointless.

Wouldn't say gimmick. Probably a very good Go Kart track, and for anyone living near the stadium a good venue. For most living anywhere else in London there will be nearer tracks. It probably makes a bit of money for them but as we can't build under the stadium the comparison seems a bit pointless.
That's an idea, we could sell potholing experiences. There's plenty of ex-mine tunnels down there.

That's an idea, we could sell potholing experiences. There's plenty of ex-mine tunnels down there.
‘eritage...don’t forget industrial ‘eritage.

Mine tunnels, steel wire and chemical works,canals,chimney’s,Grey Mare Lane market, gasometers and Bradford Cemetery ......Etihad Airways will be flying them in from everywhere.

The three ‘Es’.....’Etihad ‘eritage Experience’.....Advance Booking Appointments only !!

Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

PS.....Abu Dhabi has the only Ferrari World in the world and its coming to a town near you !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.