North Stand Construction Discussion

Forgive my ignorance about it....but looking at the roof around the stadium, is the North Stand expansion considerably smaller (capacity) than the South expansion?

There are two more bays ether side of the new towers to come, of stalls. Plus when they kerplunk out the piers out of there will be two more lines within the towers. And then there is the top piece vip bit, and then the actual roof supports to go on it all when the cantilevered towers come to ground. Think once more of it pops up, the scale will be more obvious.

Don't have the south stand figures to hand, but the north is cica 12000 seats. 9500 on a single new tier, of which 8000 are additional.

In short, no.

A good look at how steep the South Stand at Everton's new ground is also gives a view that seems advise that like Spurs stadium and their south stand the first tear of their home end seems to be safe standing then seats on the second tier

A good look at how steep the South Stand at Everton's new ground is also gives a view that seems advise that like Spurs stadium and their south stand the first tear of their home end seems to be safe standing then seats on the second tier

Why have they made the 2nd tier behind the net smaller?
All level 1 the same size
Level 2 the same size on 3 stands then smaller on 1?
Why? You also losing around 2,000 seats.
That’s annoyed me and i don’t know why

I want our fantastic away support, which is one of the best in the PL and in English football, replicated at the Etihad
This...............

I don't understand how the difference is so extreme

As I’ve pointed out, even though 115 is the official singing section, it isn’t really a proper singing section. I’ve explained why.

If the fans can get a proper singing section from scratch on NSL2 filled with fans who ‘want to relocate there because they want to sing and to create an atmosphere’ in the new NSL2 home end, that has the makings of a proper and genuine singing section.

For that to happen the club have to be onboard and have to set aside a block or blocks on NSL2 for singers only. The club has to work with fans groups and the fans to create a proper singing section on NSL2.

It irks me to say this somewhat, but United and their fans have worked together over a long period of time and have created a genuine and proper singing section above the players tunnel at Old Trafford. United are now taking out a block of executive seating in the centre of the Stretford End to create another safe standing singing section.
I understand the mechanics of it, but do all of those currently located in 115, and the block on the other side of the away fans want to be moved out and stuck up in NSL2 or are they are where they are because they prefer the atmosphere/banter next to away fans

Why have they made the 2nd tier behind the net smaller?
All level 1 the same size
Level 2 the same size on 3 stands then smaller on 1?
Why? You also losing around 2,000 seats.
That’s annoyed me and i don’t know why

There's not enough space behind the stand to build the second tier fully. There is another building next to the stadium, owned by United Utilities I think, that it would need to overhang in order to make the second tier behind that goal full size.

It's gone, the head of that pier, like a tooth, they've managed to pull it out of there! I honestly still can't see what's holding that pier at that angle, now that the top tension is gone. I can't seem to spot it touching the tower anywhere, and it feels counterintuitive all that is weighted on that bottom connection. Anyone any thoughts?

The foundation for it is massive topped by a huge concrete mould at the top at surface level.

It is exactly that, safe standing at the bottom then normal seats on the 2nd tier.
The theory is with everyone standing at the bottom and people sitting above, the rake of the stands is such that it will appear as a single tier.
I was on the same tour and the upper tier is really steep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.