North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

100%, some of these discussions for me are embarrassing and do our fan base no favours.

Fan groups/reps on football boards are a red flag, they don't work,a recipe for disaster and bad feeling.

Just watch the latest drone footage of the expansion, the scale of it, quality and vision, if any of our fan base can't see that then god help them.

Wouldn't football be even better if fans never questioned anything or stood up for themselves?

You do know what fan campaigning has achieved, don't you?

If every football fan was like you, club owners, the PL, the FA, etc wouldn't give the fans any concessions.

Why is the Government looking at appointing an Independent Football Regulator?

Sadly, one of the costs of success.

But as long as the trophies keep coming one that has to be accepted.

If everyone had this attitude then we’d all be paying a lot more than we do right now.

Thank god we’ve got other people campaigning against the likes of away ticket prices and disabled parking prices rather than being all like ‘thank you, sir’.

That makes zero sense in the most sustained period of success in our history. The only reason for that must be as older season ticket holders pass away their season tickets are not being put up for sale.
That’s exactly what it is.

Not just ones who have passed away, but those who move seats or give up their season ticket due to price rises - the club don’t offer them as season tickets anymore.

The lad next to me gave up his season ticket two years ago and for every game since it’s been a random foreigner sat next to me, some there as a fan of the opposition or opposition player or its left empty (it was even empty for the Arsenal game!).

I prefer the empty seat to a fan of the opposition, but I’d bloody much prefer a new season ticket holder there instead.

Agree with all, but worth pointing out, it is hardly 'a few extra corporate seats'.

The corporate here is a total of 5% of the tier. Even if you want to treat the GA+ as that (which it is not, but it is some level of hospitality), that's 7%.

Hardly worth complaining about, imo.
There is no point anybody moaning about the small amount of corporate seats. Without them the stand doesn’t get built. It’s that simple.

As for season tickets, it’s been obvious to most since the plans were announced that there never going to be thousands of new season cards available.

The new stand will be made up of a smaller number of relocators ( probably people currently in shit seat locations ) new fans and tourists - with a few under 21s to tick that box.

It was never gonna be a new ‘atmosphere’ stand as there was never gonna be a mass migration of singers from other stands.

It’s gonna be a brilliant stand facilities wise but the atmosphere in the stadium won’t change. That’s not down to stands, rail seating or accoustics, but because 46000+ suppporters don’t make a sound every game.

It’s not the cost of success and we don’t have accept it either. It’s a choice on the clubs part. It’s short term greed in my view.

Long term fans or people who would usually pick up match day tickets for games like Brentford or Watford aren’t buying those tickets now.

As the above poster says what happens when pep leaves and we inevitably get worse. Those fans will be out of the habit and we’ll be relying on huge numbers of expensive match day tickets to fill the ground.
It’s short term greed and is causing a glaring long term problem.

For every one of us proper fans who get to the final straw with the club over everything (whether it’s ticket prices or sick to death of being sat next to opposition fans), the club have got a new stand to fill in a stadium it’s already not filled once this season.

The whole world wanted to come to the Etihad last season because we’d won a treble the season before. I think our boardroom thought this would carry on, but already it’s noticeable that attendances are down this season because the daytrippers want a day trip to Madrid instead this season. If it’s already noticeable after just one season since a treble, imagine if it’s a decade without a trophy because one day all this success will end.

The new NSL2 could be a season ticket filled atmosphere generating special stand… but it’s more likely that the club are creating a long term problem with their short term greed that will see us have a situation like Barcelona (where Soriano came from) who are a club happy to average 15,000-30,000 empty seats depending on the season (their average attendance in 2017-18 after Luis Enrique left at the end of the previous season was just 66,854 in a 99,000 stadium).

That’s what Soriano is creating a legacy of in the stands at City.

Last edited:
Are the first 10 rows of NSL2 GA+ now?

Don't think so, not as far as I know at least. But purely as a location, the proposed GA+ are the existing front rows of the north stand, rather than the terracing currently being installed higher up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.